HybridZ

Any World of Warcrack nerds here?

auxilary

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of my clients came into the office yesterday and said that they were in line at midnight on the first day. i always give them a hard time about being nerds. granted they are married and have kids, but all they talk about is the new games that are coming out in 2010 and all of the new video cards and processor speeds of their computers. "i am not a nerd, but i felt kind of funny standing in line at midnight for a game with people i recongnized from camping out in front of the movie theater for star wars III." dude. you are a nerd. i got stuck on diablo II but i did not blow off girls like those guys did for a game. whatever floats your boat i guess. check out silkroadonline.com. similar to WOW but no subcriptions. been playing for a while off and on.

jimbo

Ok, I have to pipe in here.

Are you not a nerd when you find a BIGGER nerd to be your girlfriend?

Example: I know a guy who's in the upper percentile of counter strike players. If you REALLY follow CS you'd know him - Rob64. He's part of infamous 64 clan that's known worldwide as a bunch of hackers/cheaters. Funny thing is that though nearly all of them have been caught cheating few of them still do, and they're all still dang good.

But onto my point. His girlfriend probably wouldn't be with him if he wasn't the one and only "Rob64". She'd rather have a new mouse than jewelry. I was over at my friends house recently and Rob + his better half was there and to my astonishment she's there playing quake... And kicking serious butt at that. More like rapage actually. It's scary, I watch her play and she'd probably school me in any FPS game. She wears game oriented clothing, and goes to all the tournaments even if she's not competing.

So this begs the question... How much less of a nerd are you IF (big if) your girlfriend/wife is worse than you?

and you have got to wonder what gates was like in his younger years. it tends to be that the nerds in high school that most make fun of become your boss later. the high school quarter back is lost in his hey days and at the reunion is a janitor or something in the same town. paybacks are a bitch:grin: .

jimbo

I dont really play that much of this WoW bullshit, but with this expansion out in everything you have to get to lvl 60 or w/e and then u enter the Dark Portal and lvl up too 70. So here is my point of this story is that it takes probably about 3-4 mounths depending on how much time u spend staring into youre monitor and then u reach lvl 60 and bam, after that it will probably take u the same amount of time to reach lvl 70 and bam, then what...? LOL

Blizzard will make something new...what a joke.

So, I have a copy of Burning Crusade sitting on my desk. Unopened. I only bought it because I had a gift cert. to Best Buy, so it cost me

Hook a brutha up dewd! lol.

HotImport,

Poeple do what they want to enjoy themselves. I game as a means of stress releif. I ♥♥♥♥ all over the populace of the game Im playing cause it makes me smile. *shrug*. Yeah, Blizzard is grind oriented but for the folks that will do it, chances are they enjoy themselves in some way. I see no reason to knock it.

IMO UO (preprepperperperperpepreprperp patch) is the best there ever was or will be. Non gear dependant, totally skill/player oriented, no levels only skills, completely open world.. It was game sex.. Just kinda ugly graphics.

Yup, Ultima Online.

As fine a game as will ever exist and finer far than most could ever hope to be. Warcrack is fun, but nothing sinks its hooks in like Ultima.. I cant complain though, I put ALOT more time into that than I should have but I made a stedy side living off the game for a couple years. When Powerscrolls and Artifacts were released I quit my job. I was pulling about 1000$ a month all told from them, not a plush living but it worked! When I finally left and liquidated my two main accounts and arty whore warrior and SDI arty slut mage I sold a little over 2100$ in crap on ebay.

BUddy of mine who played with me just got DSL out in bumble ♥♥♥♥ somehow or another and reactivated his account, ha. Hes relapsing. I would be to, only with WoW but I dont have an internet connection except on the weekends and I spend most of those with my girl.. Whenever she dumps me look to see me back online every waking second of the day, neglecting my car(s) and gaining 20 pds from drinking vault and eating crap made of sugar and coffee to keep myself awake for those all night, all day, all morning, all week PvP excursions.

I am such a nerd and I suck.. I just know I do.