HybridZ

Body Shop Referral

RacerX

I was referred to this shop during my excursion to obtain info on a Zcar project. The name of the shop is Williams Auto Body & Paint.

William Wei is the owner/operator and also a great guy! He has a couple of Zcar's himself besides having a few more inside his body shop in different stages of restoration/modification. He was kind enough to allow me to meet back at his shop late this afternoon to show one of his Zcars. A 2.8 liter block with 240Z head and triple carbs - weber side draft import copies!! I was informed that it dynoed just over 200HP at the rear wheels!

Anyway, the reason for this post is for those HybridZ members that are in need of someone to work on their Zcar, that is also familiar with the vehicle -

His shop address:

Williams Auto Body & Paint

1001-1003 South Railroad Ave.,

San Mateo, CA 94402

William Wei: Owner/Operator

phone # 650.572.1800

fax# 650.572.1819

Here's his website: http://www.willamsautobody.net

So, for those of you that have e-mailed me inquiring about a shop - I'm referring William to you. Please tell him Ernie/RacerX from HybridZ referred you.

Thanks,

Ernie/RacerX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add three for Southern California (in order of price, from cheapest to most expensive):

Maaco Auto Body and Painting

13261 Imperial Hwy

Whittier, CA 90605

(562) 777-0010

Ask for Lance. He owns a 240Z and has painted 2 of my customer's cars. Both are happy with the work.

West Coast Collision

561 S Cypress St

La Habra, CA 90631

(714) 447-1030

Ask for Brent. He's painted a friend's 56 big window Ford pickup which turned out great. Brent has painted some non-car things for me and done a good job. A more traditional kind of paint and body shop where the quality is good but your car might end up in paint-jail for a few months.

Lanzini Body Works

http://www.lanzinibodyworks.com/

Ask for Mitch. The best and you'll pay for it. As seen on the Overhauling TV show, Mitch does a lot of work for Chip Foose. Mitch repaired and painted the Rusty Old Datsun years ago and did a great job. The paint on the car was much better then the car deserved.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if you need one in VA, check me out at :

Stans Collision and Refinishing Center

12838 Jefferson Ave.

Newport News, VA 23608

757-877-1100

We don't have alot of space for much more then one at a time, but we will give High Quality attention to your project.

Ask for John/ CandyBlue

• 2 weeks later...

I manage a big Shop in Northern California -- 1 1/2 North of Sacramento

We are not cheap but we guarantee paint for life, you will not be dissapointed. Ask for Ryan Collins

--- Concours Elite Collision Center, Chico CA

2267 Esplanade, Chico CA 95926

530-891-0234

• 3 weeks later...

Anywhere in the Boston/Providence area that won't rip you off and are reasonable?

Thank god the insurance paid to have my truck repaired, I had to bring it back for a bug in the clearcoat, orande peel, and make them re-paint it a second time and it still is not that good of a job, $1800 for the drivers door, two-tone silver and black and the ext cab drivers side, minor parking lot damage across both panels.

Alot of money I wouldn't of paid for 2 panels 2 colors.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...