HybridZ

Unbeatable car?

RacerX

...but put why have large slicks on it if the wheels are not "driven"...

that would be my guess too, maybe with not so sticky tires, the thrust would simply push the car around and it would'nt be able to stand still. Maybe it also helps keeping the car straight at those speeds.

What's your thoughts on this car please? I agree it's fast and loud!

RacerX

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/74396/unbeatable_drag_car/

Yup. Jet cars are fast and loud and hella fun to watch. However, fast is relative as a top fuel dragster would run away from one in the 1/4-mile like it was tied to a tree. OK, a really big tree :D It is definitely worth seeing and for anyone in central FL, they will be at OSW next Sat, 11/18 along with really fast cars and pro bikes, another treat to watch.

Not sure about the bigger front tire. My guess is that the load rating of the typical front drag tire is too low for the frontal weight with that heavy jet engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats cool. I would like to see someone build a turbine that drives the wheels instead of a fan, i reckon it would launch way harder.

Has anyone seen that rocket car that goes 0-60mph in 0.2 secs, and when ever the guy drove it his nose and ears bleed? correct me if im wrong but i think it holds the record for the fastest even 1/4mile.

Has anyone seen that rocket car that goes 0-60mph in 0.2 secs, and when ever the guy drove it his nose and ears bleed? correct me if im wrong but i think it holds the record for the fastest even 1/4mile.

If you can find any more info on this rocket car I would be interested. I cannot imagine anything on wheels quicker than a top fuel dragster which had a new record of 4.428 secs set last weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

hi scottie,

sorry to take so long, but i got a bit to much on the plate at the moment. The car im talking about was built by sammy miller, and was called the vanishing point.

It set the 1/4 mile record back in 1984 and still holds it today by a long way.

yes thoes top fuel drag cars look slugish off the line in comparison.

The record stands as:

• 1/8 mile record 1.60 seconds 319 mph

• 1/4 mile record 3.58 seconds 386 mph

It hard to behold his 0-60 in 0.16 sec.

Here are some relevant sites :

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feature/feature/198/3

http://www.rugeley.demon.co.uk/sport/drag/sammy.htm

Have fun,

cheers