HybridZ

Volvo Powered Hybrid!

RacerX

This isn't a Zcar! It's a Hybrid in the sense that it's a Volvo powered Opel Manta. I like this model of Opel Manta. I'm sure you guys will appreciate the craftsmanship of this incredible vehicle. Most of it, if not all of it was handcrafted by the owner - what talent!!

After having seen this car in action per the videos - I know it would work as well in the Zcar. I did a search and the 4 cyl Volvo DOHC engines has been a considered engine swap for the Zcar. Now imagine this motor in a Zcar - fantastic!!! Sure makes me drool when considering the incredible potential of this motor implanted into the Z.

Yes, there are the other powerful motors like the SR20 turbo, but this swap, to my knowledge, hasn't been down in a Zcar yet. Any takers now??!!!!!!

Select the "English" drop down menu to select your interest.

Enjoy - I did!

RacerX

http://www.hilmersson-racing.com/start.asp?show=ea

Oh man thats some craftsmanship. That very unique the way he designed it. It almost looks like the 510 but the body lines of Hakosuka, thats just my judgement. I like the idea of running the cage thru the whole car and the coilovers those things were probably a paint in the a$$ to design and fit not to mention that they go thru the hood for easy adjustment to be made.

But really what kind of car frame, or chassis did he use?

I give him 100+++ on scale to 10. Very impressive and great quality work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would never waste my time with the SR20, its overrated, expensive and makes jack for power. A VG30ET is readily available for $100 in a junkyard and can support 450-500 BHP in bone stock form. Thats the way to go.....yet im ditchin the VG30 for a VH45de because 400rwhp is not enough on 18lbs of boost

roastin - the SR really isn't that expensive, especially when we're talking HP per liter. Sure it won't make more than 500hp without taking some serious mulla, but it can make over 150hp per liter on a good budget and still get seriously good MPG and well behaved street manners. You also have to consider that with what you pay for a motor it's already coming with a decent turbo platform that can make some decent power gains.

I'd also like to hear your definition of a "stock form" VG motor...

Oh man thats some craftsmanship. That very unique the way he designed it. It almost looks like the 510 but the body lines of Hakosuka, thats just my judgement. I like the idea of running the cage thru the whole car and the coilovers those things were probably a paint in the a$$ to design and fit not to mention that they go thru the hood for easy adjustment to be made.

But really what kind of car frame, or chassis did he use?

I give him 100+++ on scale to 10. Very impressive and great quality work.

Its an opel manta. Used to seem them in rally a while back.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any Datsun guy on the lookout for a nice, inexpensive wagon would do well to consider the sbaru loyale/GL series.. made throughout the 1980s. they came with a sohc 1.8L boxer in both a SPFI NA, and MPFI turbocharged varieties. outside of timing belts and headgaskets (if the car overheats, easy to avoid) the NA's are near bulletproof. FWD models weigh in at about 2500 pounds, and youve got a choice between full time 4wd, or dual range.. and if you want more power, there are hundreds of people who have swapped the older engines out of these puppies and put the EJ series legacy/impreza/WRX motors in them.

They sharpen up REALLY nice, too... lifted or lowered.

Guest rk_doug

Hey Ernie!! Hope all is well... finally made my way over here. Hey, drop me a line sometime, I have an RB26DETT in the shop to compare size wise to a T6 for another week or two.