HybridZ

Better headlights

gretchen/jason

Well i upgraded to H4 bulbs 80 watt low beam 100 high beam much brighter then stock but doesnt seem to "beam " down the road . Ive adjusted and adjusted but i cant get that beam to shine on the road like the stock ones did .

It could be the lens and housing itself seeing as i got it at a local auto store maybe there is a better housing any ideas .

Jason

Guest 280ZForce

HID projectors are the only way to go! :wink:

I think they are well worth the money. Any car I get will undergo this modification if they don't have them already.

Guest 280ZForce

I honestly do not recommend anything of 6500k max, maybe even 6000k. You start losing light intensity after that and just exchange it for color.

Has anyone ever tried to "SEE" with those bluish lights? The human eye sux at seeing details with blue light. This is why nearly all LED flashlights suk. We humans see better with yellowish/amber colored lights. Just because something is newer doesn't make it better. Good ol' incandescent bulbs RULE!!

Guest 280ZForce
Has anyone ever tried to "SEE" with those bluish lights? The human eye sux at seeing details with blue light. This is why nearly all LED flashlights suk. We humans see better with yellowish/amber colored lights. Just because something is newer doesn't make it better. Good ol' incandescent bulbs RULE!!

Ah sh*t, it all makes sense now! No wonder they use black lights in the clubs...to give the ugly people a chance! *DOH*

Unless you are using good quality housings (think Cibie or Hella), I doubt you'll ever be satisfied with H4's.

Of course I am talking E code headlights here. I have had Cibie on all cars that had 4x6, 7, 5.25 or 200mm lights on them and have always been impressed with thir control of the light pattern, unlike what cars come with nowadays (non HID).

Check your voltage, both high and low at the headlight with the light plugged in. I had mid 11v on low and 10's on high. That was with 13.5-13.8v at the battery. I wired a relay for both high and low and barely loose .5v at the light. Made a HUGE difference in brightness and they actually look white now instead of the yellow they were. Mine are H4's 55/65w