HybridZ

Rare Japanese L6 parts

greenmonster80

Surfing the auction pages tonight I found this.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g46656000

For those who are hindered by the language it is an 85mm crank. A little out of my price range for a, not needed but wanted purchase. Can only imagine the torque that can be generated thru this guy. Bump that 3.1 to what 3.3 or more...

That crank is a pretty good buy by the looks to me.

Look at it again.

1. Its fully counterweighted which means its a custom unit.

2. If its a custom unit its probably forged because well, why else would you bother?

3. It already has cross drillings.

4. If its been built properly its probably already perfectly balanced and perfectly straight.

If I had money RIGHT now i'd buy it.

Dave

Why buy secondhand ones then you can get new. Not 85mm stroke but 83mm (ie LD28) but fully counter weighted, forged etc.

See crank bottom left or in a kit with rods and pistons at the top.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/page5.htm

Price is right up there but what a special engine with one of those fully counter weighted cranks :)

Why buy secondhand ones then you can get new. Not 85mm stroke but 83mm (ie LD28) but fully counter weighted, forged etc.

See crank bottom left or in a kit with rods and pistons at the top.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/page5.htm

Price is right up there but what a special engine with one of those fully counter weighted cranks :)

Those prices are for the balanced LD crank (not fully counterweighted). The crank at the bottom right of the Kameari page for 490,000 yen is the same crank on the auction, but with a longer stroke. It's an SCM440H (4140 chromoly) billet from Kameari. If it's in good shape, that's a good price.

ON THE MOTOR look at the pop off valve..they put it on the

side of the intake ? tHER IS a few other changes thottle body looks differnt

did they use N/A dissy's ??? it has vacum advance hmhmhm

they call it the 430-L does this motor come in there hs130 the older skylines ?

what about that chain tensioner crazzy differnt :eek2:

why so differnt :icon53: have the japanese been keeping all the goodies for them selfs and selling the usa the cheeper under power version of this motor all along:nono: why are there so many

changes hmhmh:weird:

did they use N/A dissy's ??? it has vacum advance hmhmhm

they call it the 430-L does this motor come in there hs130 the older skylines ?

I've read that in other markets the turbo engines got vacuum advance/boost retard distributors.

what about that chain tensioner crazzy differnt :eek2:

kameari chain tesnioners own all.

I cannot imagine spending $3' date='000 on a valve cover. If the head was attached to it maybe...

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n43776747[/quote']

What??? This guys is smoking crack:eek:

I agree that this is an absurdly high price for a valve cover but I saw a black LY28 cover sell for more than the above listed price of $3,000.00

Crazy Japanese huh..

as for those of you who have spent some time in japan, owning a car (not to mention a classic car) is very expensive, prohibitively enough to most. but those who can afford to have a classic Z like that have more than enough money to throw at it. thats just my take on it...

I guess you might be right. This is just something that i remember. There was a 240z for sale a few weeks back. It was nice buit l28t that had a sick custom made "engine red" valve cover that said nissan/datsun turbo on it. It was basicly a custom made valve cover from scatch. So the funny thing was is that he was going to sell the car for around 8k here in US. So in Japan they price there custom made valve covers around 3-5K. Thats just a joke. If you really think about it i bet you could make a bunch of them like that if you can put enough effort into it, and sell them for around $600-900 a pop.

This one is a bit off subject....

It sure is better then standing in front off Best Buy for 4 days and 3 night waiting for that stupid PlayStation 3 to come out, so you can e-bay it for 3K

I've been up to KEW a few times....it's where I get most of my stuff (that is...the stuff that isn't rebadged american stuff). They have very pretty glass cases with all of this stuff on display....including their "SPL-A" package....7800.00 US bottom end....3.2L with an 85mm throw, forged/balanced rods and pistons all layed out pretty....