HybridZ

Who has the baddest n/a on this site?

Rebird

i've tried searching for the baddest n/a L engine on this site but no luck.... i'm new to z's and i love to dream so who has the baddest (most hp)..... in my newbe opinion, i think anything over 250 hp - 275 hp is very stout but i'll bet there are guys out there with much more!!!! thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against dyno's personally, as they are SO far out of calibration from one to another, as they should JUST be used as a TUNING tool, and not to compare numbers from one to another, so I dont really agree with the numbers pissing match. I belive cars as a SYSTEM is what tells the truth. That is why I havent dynoed my car. I guess I should because Ive probably been asked a million times "whats it do on the dyno", so I guess this winter I will. If I really wanted to get into this HP match, I would go to Cali, or some other state thats close to sea level and do a dyno pull there? As being at 1500 feet is probably about 10-12 HP. I ran a 12.8 at about 105 MPH at 1500 feet elevation. Car and driver are about 28xx LBS, so I figure about 275 to the ground, but thats MY estimate and DONT hold me to that. Brian510 has a 3.2 liter and his is PRO built by Rebello, and Im just a 21 year old "kid" that built my motor, machine work and all, so many say I dont have a clue what Im doing! Norm has a LIGHT car, that runs 12's he has some decent HP, but he has a 2.9 liter.

240ztt's friend has an NA that runs 12.4s

The fastest N/A L-Gata in Japan right now is a B210 that's in the 9's. My friend Eiji has the latest Nostalgic Hero or J's magazine it's in there.

Here is Eiji best run to date: 12.49 @ 115mph. He has only cracked into the potential of his Z. This was his second drag racing event ever!! More to come next season I am sure. I plan on being there in the other lane running him with my Z :)

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6689_6805.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

THATS ridiculious! in a good way! Ive heard 510 guys bitching that you can get a series 1 240Z to weigh less than a 510 2 door, so it ispossible to strip one down to 2000lbs, I would imagine.

that run would have to be on race gas, obviously. I bet that thing sounded mean as hell.

For the advantages of carbs instead of TBs, well for one thing, I think carbs let the engin rev. more freely but that is debatable at best.

Another one is that having a mechanical fuel system, it is mutch easier to find a problem when it occures unless you have data aquisition in your fuel injected car + It is mutch less expensive than having to buy, TBs, ECU, Harness, sensors then all the time you spend trying to make everything work together.

An last but not least, it looks and sound mean as hell.

Let's keep the speculation to a minimum. F1 doesn't use carbs and they seem to rev just fine. If you understand FI it is at least as easy to fix as carbs. Sound should be pretty much the same. Air horn and basically the same size runner straight down to the intake valve.

...If you understand FI it is at least as easy to fix as carbs. Sound should be pretty much the same. Air horn and basically the same size runner straight down to the intake valve.

What I meant by easier to fix was: IF something goes wrong, there are fewer possibilities with carbs than FI. Not everybody understands the concept of movement of electrons even though they might understand the basic working of an FI system.

As for the sound part, I just visualised an ITB settup with plennum still attached compared to individual open carbs, my bad.

While we're at it Mr. Mortensen, I was wondering how do you install your MAF, when you do remove the plennum on let's say an RB26DETT? I know people do it but, I just have a hard time visualising it, thanks.

I didn't say I know FI. Far from it. But I've been around enough guys that do that I know it's not a mystery to them like it is to me. You have to know how to test individual components and you have to know what they do, but it isn't hard for someone who understands the system to diagnose it. No clue on your RB question. Try that forum.

If you run EFI on a ITB setup you dont use a maf or AFM you use a MAP (manifold absolute pressure sensor) that measures the vaccume. In an ITB setup you usually tap all the runners and go to a vacume chamber like some carbs do.

Mega squirt comes standered with a map sensor which is cool since it simlifies setup.

~Alex

If you run EFI on a ITB setup you dont use a maf or AFM you use a MAP (manifold absolute pressure sensor) that measures the vaccume. In an ITB setup you usually tap all the runners and go to a vacume chamber like some carbs do.

Thanks for this, this is how I figured it would work but, I was'nt sure enough.