HybridZ

Paulo's Rear Carbon Panel Test Fit...

Mikelly

So today, after bolting the ZG Flares to my ride, and the front spoiler, and playing with a few other things, I decided to fish out the carbon panel I bought from Paulo. I started to test fit it onto the taillight section for my Z. I'm running the EuroSpec tail lights. Jamie hit them with clear coat for me while he was painting the car.

The studs paulo used in the carbon panel do not line up perfectly with the holes in the taillights. What I will have to do to make this work is elongate the holes in the body for the lights so they can slide side to side about 1/8th inch, each light. This will allow the studs to line up. Also, the studs are WAY to long, so plan to have to cut them off. Be sure to run the nut down on the stud, and then cut the stud off, back off the nut to repair the threads...

Pics can be seen in the link I posted for My car coming home...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

i just got mine yesterday and did a quick test fit with the lights (off of the car) the bolts line up on mine. they are a bit long but im not too worried about that. i noticed there is a little extra flash on the inner edge of the piece that prevents the chrome trim from sitting perfect but it looks like a little love with a dremmel will fix that.

Off the car mine lines up too. However, when you bolt the lights up to the chassis, THAT is where you will run into trouble. The lights spread further appart from each other...

Other new parts like a new MSA airdam and rear bumper just arrived today, so I'll be posting pics of those once mounted as well, along with the ZG Flare mounting kit Austin (240ZHoke) sent me!

Mike

no mounted pics of it from what I can see...but here is pics of the CF Panel...

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dat74z/album/576460762309713149

Actually I do have pics posted Here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dat74z/album/576460762343630329

Scroll to the bottom. They are in the last 10 or so pics.

Mike

Hi Mike,

This is just an observation. The original part has a chrome moulding around the light, maybe if you install one it might fill the gap, if it can be removed from the original piece. Or, you can put a chrome palstic moulding around the opening. That moulding is used for the edges of the doors as protection from nicks when the doors hits another car door. Love the stance of your car, Mike.

Cheers,

Ari

:lmao:... I know I know... I've been here since the freakin' inception of this damned board, and I can build a company from scratch to something very significant... I can't seem to get pics posted here! :shock:

I've been served! :lmao:

Mike :cool:

Hi Mike,

This is just an observation. The original part has a chrome moulding around the light, maybe if you install one it might fill the gap, if it can be removed from the original piece. Or, you can put a chrome palstic moulding around the opening. That moulding is used for the edges of the doors as protection from nicks when the doors hits another car door. Love the stance of your car, Mike.

Cheers,

Ari

Ari, I've got a set of panels I'm gonna rob that trim ring off of. One more thing on the list of parts to finish up...

Mike

I need to get that car out in the sunlight for some better pics... You might be very surprised to see that it doesn't have as much "pink" tone to the paint... it's actually rather dark grey metalic... Viper Silver...

Mike