HybridZ

Smoothness of a Jaguar V12

Duke

Just picked up a Jaguar v12 with a multiple weber set-up and turbotrans.

Pretty happy about it.

Here's my question...after looking through the threads and searching posts I can't find anyone here who has done this swap. Most of the references are something like: "I know a guy..."

So... has anyone still posting at HybridZ swapped a jag v12 into a Zcar?

(below pics are just examples off the net of the same type of engine I bought.)

v12 engine c_thumb.jpg

v12_thumb.jpg

That engine is on the site Racerx threw in is pretty much the exact engine including the quad carbs. Although this engine has them turn upwards to create room on the side...might have some hood clearance issues, but I'll cross that bridge later.

I can't wait to here that sound under the slow curves of the GTO glassed body.

Dot, do you have any shots of fitting it in? Motor mounts, dash and firewall clearance, etc. How's it look shoe horned in there?

Thanks

Dot, do you have any shots of fitting it in? Motor mounts, dash and firewall clearance, etc. How's it look shoe horned in there?

Thanks

These pics are from my web sight. http://ca.geocities.com/dotdotdot@rogers.com/

The final fit looks like this.

V12Z03.jpg

The mounts look something like the red thing here.

headers.jpg

The hockey puck is the insulator from the stock Jag.

The mount is made from ¼ inch plate. One is bolted to the block. Another is bolted to the insulator mounted on the frame. Just weld gussets between the two with the engine in place in the bay.

There is no fire wall interference.

There is an issue with the oil cap over the timing chain. It is above the hood height. I used a modified right hand cam cover. This would be a good reference point for you. The timing chain covers ARE the highest allowable point on the engine. Everything must be below this point. Mine rub on the hood at times. The pan is as low as it can go. Slotting the mounts were they bolt on the engine will add some adjustability. Keep in mind this is all set up for a stock Z hood. The GTO hood line might be lower and require a bubble.

If you get me a larger side and top view I would be able to tell you more.

Your carbs should fit between the towers but the filters might not. Check the clearance with the booster and master cylinder as well.

The right hand Thermostat housing wants to exit into the fender well. A new one has to be made to point forward.

The rear mount situation is discussed all the time here…just find a design you like.

And as always a solution for the exhaust must be found. The rest is standard swap stuff.

This should get your motor in.

The V12 has its own issues but they are easily overcome. On another post perhaps.

My car is up on stands now for an oil change. If you want specific pictures let me know. Everything is crammed pretty tight so the photo angles might be funny.

Look up “staledale”. I haven’t heard from him in a while. He was building the same as you only with down draught Webbers.

The exhaust note from Ernie's posted Jag will have to compete with the intake note you car will have.