HybridZ

Old School Photos

RacerX

Guest 81na ZX
Aside from the Lotus 7, does it seem to you guys that all Lotus model names start with an E? Why is that??

All Lotus cars had two names. A Type or Mark # and a name, if a street car.

The 7, Mk7, was a street car with no name though ;)

The Type 14 was the Elite

The Type 28 was the Ford/Lotus Cortina

The Type 36 was the Elan.

The Type 25 was the car Jim Clark drove to the F1 world champioship in 63 and 64.

The Type 99 was the car Ayrton Senna drove in 87.

This is my Europa, Type 54 (non-federal S2) chassis 1232 out of about 2000, circa 1976 - Not racing though :D

Lotus3.jpg

Lotus1.jpg

Lotus2.jpg

Anyway, the reason Lotus's start with E's is because Colin Champan though "E" names sounded good with Lotus. Thats all. lol

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that sponsored by Miller IMports of Pasadena? Skip Miller? because thats where my car is at right now, hes a great guy

Its not the same millers imports, he said he gets calls about the same question all the time, even complaints torwards him about the other peoples work, yea, so no picts or even any stores, the car shoudl be back at me this weekend, so i'll let you know on pricing

• 2 weeks later...

i sure as hell agree with you there! i'd b happy with a 2litre 4 cylinder motor in one though, preferably none turbo as i'd like to have some control! lol

seriously thinking about leaving my zed stock and buying a lotus 7 half built up and playing with it instead. my aim was to have both (lotus 7 later on) but my family keeps trying to convince me not to "waste" money on the zed lol

a lotus 7 would b the perfect car to build a custom body kit for. has anyone seen the spoon s2k i belive it is, it has a hardtop that makes it look like a z4 coupe, i couldnt find any pics of it, theres a video on youtube however. here's a kitted lotus 7, not the sexiest but the cars are nearly a blank slate, where as a zed is sexy to begin with :D

Raptor.jpg

I know who owns that car now, and it is in the middle of a complete restoration to how it was when Paul Newman drove it. I'll be talking to him the next couple weeks, so I can get more info as to it's current state. He may have some rare photos too.

Guest TeamNissan
This info was taken from 1972. Take a look at the "old-school" 240Z TransAm car cornering data. 1.225g's on thd skid pad!!! With only a 7" wide wheel even!

I believe that today's street tire technology surpasses the race tire technology of 1972 so couldn't we perhaps duplicate the cornering capabilities back then with today's technology?!!

510-Zcar-GforceSpecs.jpg

1.2 lat thats really impressive lol.

I know who owns that car now, and it is in the middle of a complete restoration to how it was when Paul Newman drove it. I'll be talking to him the next couple weeks, so I can get more info as to it's current state. He may have some rare photos too.

that would be sweet if you could get current and old photos, cause im building that exact car, i yes i will actually race it at the mission road course here. its not going to be a trailer queen! where is he located, im driving from canada this year to msa, so if he is close i could poss. snag a peek