HybridZ

Dual SBC's in a line???

Alf

Has anyone ever seen, heard of, or performed such a feet? I'm thinking about installing two 305's in-line with a coupler, crank to crank, and a giant 18 wheeler truck turbo in an 82 Camaro I have sitting out back, just for a rediculous race car. I know this will most likely require a total rebuild to the firewall, but I was wondering if you guys had any info on this because I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

Speedway Motors is based here in Lincoln and they have a museum with a bunch of one off motors and cars. One of them is a custom V16 made from two chevy blocks welded together (I forget the CID). It's really cool, you can't even see the weld bead because the two guys who did it ground it flush and dimpled it with a punch.

Thanks for the quick responces, I'll check into the tractor pulling.

The main goal of this project is to be INEXPENSIVE, UNIQUE, and just to use up some junk I have laying around. Plus my dad and I have a healthy bet that my creation won't be able to beat his 67 Camaro with a 331 inch screamer motor. It's all in good fun, I just like to see what's possible sometimes.

There is a guy where i live that comes to the car shows all the time with that set up in a roadster.. looks cool said it isn't much faster than it was with one motor and gets real bad mileage..lol unless ya are just doing it to be different ... ya will have alot of torque.. and break the shaft they have them together with .. there is a shop that sells the adapter to hook them togetherdon't know tha name anymore but can always ask the guy that has it .

Yeah Mike, just a good bet with dad, and of course he'll be involved, I couldn't do it without him, and him likewise, haha, we make a good team.

Icewtr, if you could get the name of the shop that sold the adapter that would be awesome. Or if you could even just get a picture of it, that would be great too. I have access to a full spectrum of machining equipment so I should be able to make it.

Veritech-z, two side by side looks sweet, but I don't think that will fit in the bay, plus I'll need some contraption to combine the power to one shaft.

cobraz240z, I'm doing this just for fun, I love to challenge myself. Plus you know how boring a 3rd gen Camaro with an SBC in it would be? I already have the car, two running jy 305's, and two diesel truck turbos to choose from, so this should be fairly cheap (in theory).

Guest dontnobetter

There was a movie car in the 60's, I believe called ZZR (?) that ran twin SBC's. I remember it was for one of those beach movie of the day. The problem they had was overheating and the car was run very much during shooting. Munster mobile looking thing if I remember correctly.

For years, on the same display corner inside the Turkey Rod Run car show inside the Daytona speedway on Thanksgiving weekends; a guy had a 1929 rat rod looking black primered twin chevy roadster hot rod. One engine was behind the other and then just two little seats. Looked like a death trap, but very interesting. Plain and cheap looking otherwise. He was not there this year. I hope he is okay.