HybridZ

restitution! checks are on the way!

bobbyc

my car was stolen and burned nov. 16, 2003. went to court 6 months later and the courts said the guy who did it owed me $10,000. i had pretty much forgotten about it until the other day...my parents called me saying they got a call from the court house in the town where it was found. i guess 4 restitution checks have been mailed but none deposited or returned and they were wondering why...and luckily they were able to get ahold of my parents (i have since moved to denver). all i gotta do now is send in a letter describing the case and my new address and they start mailin me the checks. it prob won't be much but i'll be getting installments of the $10,000. i had pretty much just chalked it up to a major loss and moved on.

Same thing happened to me. Back in 2000 a guy stole my 4 wheeler, trailer, tools, etc. He was a guy that came with a friend to visit. Anyway he got caught with the 4 wheeler in his truck, tried to say he bought it, got convicted, put on probation and ordered to pay restitution. Well, he never paid and then he got busted for poaching. Since he was on probation he got sent up to minimum security. Now I get like $25 and $50 checks every two months. He gets $0.25/hr for working inside the big house.

I put the money in my boy's savings account and relish the fact that the schmuck is getting corn holed and hating life.

Where's the lube...........The crook says, I never should have messed with the Doc!

Oh, he was stupid, took it to a dealer that I had been to, to get a new ignition switch put in, and the dealer checked and the vin had been ground off. They ran the engine serial number since Polaris matches that to the vin and VOILA, it was my 4 wheeler! So he called me directly.

So, the cops and I waited in back while they phoned him and told him to come pick it up. He came in paid, they pushed it up ramps into his truck and then the fuzz came out and busted his happy A$$!

The look on Joe Lucero's face was PRICELESS! TOOL!

congrats! it's good to see some justice for once. :D

here's some z's you could spend a little money on. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/77-Datsun-280Z-Turbo_W0QQitemZ190056799152QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8e6c_12.JPG

^^280z turbo lots of mods. owner is a member here.

and here's a MSnS / turbo'd 280z

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Datsun-240Z-with-Turbo-280zx-engine_W0QQitemZ220054207343QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem