HybridZ

Aerodynamics DONATIONS NEEDED!!!

OK Gang, This is a really important drive and we're asking each and every member who owns an S30 to dig deep and come up with whatever you can for this effort. :-)

BJ Hines and a few others from the North Carolina area have gotten together with the owner of a windtunnel and are planning to rent the windtunnel for some basic testing/ data collection on the Zcar, both in stock trim, and with a number of spoilers/airdams/aerodynamic devices to see what really helps, what really doesn't and what cause and effect can be measured.

This is VERY important to each and every one of you who drives an S30. We all thumb thru the pages of each vendor catalog, trying to decide which air dam looks best, or which rear wing provides the most function along with form. Don't you want to know WHAT TRULY WORKS? :shock:

It's time to answer the question to these mystery parts combos and The Carolina gang are willing to put up some funds, front some parts and chassis, and do the wrenching/take the time. Since we're the PREMIER site for modifications to the Zcar, I think it would be best represented to the Zcar community if we champion this cause.

PLEASE DONATE TO THIS CAUSE. If you can spare $10-25-50-100-500-1000, Any amount, please donate... I'll track these funds and provide an accurate accounting of the monies. If for some reason we do NOT pull off the event, your funds will be returned to you. Please understand that any fees Paypal hits me for will be gone to them and not me, and therefore won't be refunded.

PLEASE DONATE TO THIS EFFORT. We'll all benefit from this excersise in aerodynamic testing.

Send funds to: dat74z@yahoo.com

We'll post an update as the event comes together. I plan to write an article to submit Nissan Sport Magazine and we'll take plenty of pictures and defenitely post the results. We'll also track the funds and I assure you that this WILL NOT BE another PINKS fiasco. All of the parties involved are mature adult professionals who don't need to scam you for your money! :-)

The cost for one day of rental is $3500. This is NOT gonna be a cheap endeavor. Please keep this in mind when deciding to donate or not.

Contact me offline for more info...

Mike Kelly

Administrator at Large

HybridZ

I cannot express how awesome this is to hear! You can count on my throwing some cash your way...its not much, but this info will prove to be invaluable for the entire Z car community and I'm glad to have a chance to help in anyway I can.

Cannot wait to see the results along with some pictures.

Feel free to link this thread to others in the Zcar community. There has never been another opportunity like this one, and I hope we can pull it off gang... I feel this is a MAJOR and SIGNIFICANT contribution to the Zcar community as a whole, and I hope that we will be able to get contributions to fund this activity.

Mike Kelly

Adminsitrator at Large

HybridZ

paypal account: dat74z@yahoo.com

John, how about starting a thread (or maybe just doing it right here). Maybe list what you have, what you need, etc. Let's get the ball rolling on this!!! Instead of sending $$$, people could also send parts. Any idea of the time it takes to shut the thing down so that you can make changes to the car?

:2thumbs:

We have about $800 worth of donations right now... Send what you can...

Mortensen, I'd be cautious about sending parts. They'll eventually have to get BACK to their owners and that costs as well. We need DONATIONS of DOLLARS, NOT PARTS so much... This is a VERY EXPENSIVE proposition and has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE by a group of enthusiast/ non-professional racers... We need all the financial help we can get.

Mike

Mooresville is about 25 minutes from me..

Since the Z is parked in the barn, I have a motorsport Aero kit from a 280Z that can be used as some test pieces (as long as I can put them back on the car later :) ) Since its nearby, won't have to worry about shipping.. plus I would like to have a look at the tunnel in person. :wink:

I'll try to get some $ to add to the donation pot also.

Mike... I would definitely be interested in donating to the cause but this wouldn't help me. I have an Alpha 1. Anyone with fairly extreme body mods may not benefit much from this. OTOH, those with straight Z bodies should be very interested in helping, I would think.