Post your photography!!

tfreer85

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A car moving at 100+ mph down a main straightaway when you're less than 40 feet from the edge of the track... With a cheap point and shoot like mine I can only go up to 200iso, which means I have a hard time getting enough exposure with bearable shutter speeds. When I get good action shots I consider it mostly luck.

Boobala, I've long since been a sucker for IR photography. Nice job :2thumbs:

I wasn't aware you could get so close with a DSLR and a filter. My Xmas list just got a little longer :wink:

Find out first if your DSLR is sensitive enough for IR photography before wasting money on an IR filter.

The Nikon D70 is an excellent IR Camera, while the Canon 300D is not. In fact, I don't think any Canon

DSLR is good for IR photography without heavy modification. Earlier Nikons such as the D70 and D70s

are great while some, like my D300, are not. Do some research before buying the IR filter.

Speaking of fast...

Limerock Park, entering the brake zone for turn one. Paul Edwards/Kelly Collins in the number 64/iRise/TRG/Pontiac GTO.R

The team that kicked a$$ in 2006. They have since moved on to Porsches but those GTO-R's were downright evil that season.

86601546_aerWL-L.jpg

70mm-200mm Tamron, 20D, hand held.

I once heard, the difference between a pro and amateur photographer is that the amateur takes 100 photos and shows you 100. The pro takes 1000 and shows you 1.

I once heard, the difference between a pro and amateur photographer is that the amateur takes 100 photos and shows you 100. The pro takes 1000 and shows you 1.

So true......but It seems I take thousands of bad ones! Actualy, I finally grasped and understand the basics so now I hope to apply what Ive learned.

• Administrators
Find out first if your DSLR is sensitive enough for IR photography before wasting money on an IR filter.

D80. I did some googleing and it looks like the D80 is ho-hum... not bad, not good. I priced out an R72 for my 18-200 VR... $286. Ouch. For my 50mm, $43. For $43, I may give it a whirl. Thanks!

D80. I did some googleing and it looks like the D80 is ho-hum... not bad, not good. I priced out an R72 for my 18-200 VR... $286. Ouch. For my 50mm, $43. For $43, I may give it a whirl. Thanks!

Everything I've read suggest that the IR Cut Filter in the D80 is too strong for practical IR photography, but I could be wrong. All the shots I've seen have been made with D80's that were modified (remove the IR Cut Filter and install a IR only filter), and this renders the camera useless for anything other than IR.

You can get a D70, or D70s on eBay for between $100-$200.

I just bought my first prime lens and wow...now I "see the light"...

I figure this lens is the deal of the centry as you can pick them up on flee bay for little. Its funny, I expected so much from my 18-200mm VR.....then I spend $20 and ......

Took this shot last night.

DSC_0377.jpg

Its not a great shot ...it just amazed me as it was a dark rainy night!

My next lens will be the more "dear" 80-200 F2.8. Cant wait.

I just bought my first prime lens and wow...now I "see the light"...

I figure this lens is the deal of the centry as you can pick them up on flee bay for little. Its funny, I expected so much from my 18-200mm VR.....then I spend $20 and ......

Took this shot last night.

DSC_0377.jpg

Its not a great shot ...it just amazed me as it was a dark rainy night!

My next lens will be the more "dear" 80-200 F2.8. Cant wait.

SO TRUE!! Find and old 50mm prime lens from Canon or Nikon and you will be very impressed. Especially if you are shooting with a zoom lens that was included in the "camera kit". I know I was blown away when I got my used 50mm Canon prime/macro lens.

Here is a shot with the 50mm prime. Sharp as a tack...so they say.

95776202_vj5ar-L.jpg

Here are full resolutions shot with the 50mm prime.

http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/photos/90049108_XM9Cm-O.jpg

http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/photos/90048508_xJeYF-O.jpg

those are "sharp" shots!

IM hooked on these older manual lenses. The new package lenses may have a lot of features and technology but they are heavy and the quality is not always as good as promised.