HybridZ

Post your photography!!

tfreer85

Huh, guess I forgot to check back on this thread. Didn't realize a couple people asked questions about one or two of my pictures.

@ Tx1012: Thanks! Yes, I have hiked a few of the slot canyons in this area. I've done the full 14 mile Narrows once, hiked Orderville Canyon (which dumps into the north fork of the Virgin River) a few times and I've done a three day hike / rappel trail through Wildcat Canyon in Kolob. That one was pretty exciting, especially when I snapped my pack clean in half on the last rappel and still had many miles to hike.

The Subway trail is still on my list of canyons to explore though.

@ p-factor: High school and new college kids here complain that there's nothing to do. Do they not have eyes in their heads??!!?!? The pictures I posted were actually from the opposite side of the canyon, straight across from Angel's Landing. It's on a jog that splits off from the East Rim trail called Hidden Canyon. That fin of rock in the middle of the first picture is actually Angel's Landing, the one you were standing on in your picture. I've done that hike too, but that was before I had a digital camera. Still managed to stuff a 35mm SLR into my Camelback and made the round trip in 2 hrs only stopping to take pictures of Walter's Wiggles and the view from the top. The people with sewing machine leg who were clinging for dear life to those chains were giving me odd looks as I leapt past them.

Here's a picture I took at the beginning of June (yes, in June there was still over 6' of snow in a few places). This is a roughly 200° panorama of Cedar Breaks National Monument. I was up there helping install an interactive video display and couldn't resist snapping a few pictures before leaving for the day.

cedarbreakspanobillw.jpg

And this is what some typical clouds look like during a typical sunset here. I took this one from the middle of the street in front of my house.

typicalsunset003billw.jpg

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally bought myself a new lens! About time since I've been shooting with a broken kit lens for the past couple of months. It's a Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G, which seems to be a decent middle of the road lens for casual carry.

Recently HDR has interested me, so I downloaded some of the software and gave it a whirl.

Here's the view from my dorm room window at ~11pm, through a screen.

I'm not very happy with the results, but I'm still not good enough with PS to blend the HDR shot in with the original layers.

Any tips?

DSC_0434_5_7_tonemapped.jpg

• Administrators

Spent all last week in Madison/Verona Wisconsin. Wife was at her annual UGM conference/meeting at Epic in Verona. We arrived early enough to drive up to GreenBay and see the Packers beat on the Bills. Seeing a game at Lambeau field is an experience every football fan should experience. Great time, great people.

A few highlights from the game. Not great pics, but since the game wasn't nationally televised, thought the Packer Fans may appreciate them.

RogDriv.jpg

Hike.jpg

Gettem.jpg

untitled.jpg

Snap.jpg

Gforce2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I thought this thread was lost! Awesome!

Got together with some friends over the holidays and ended up under a parking garage. A little photo shoot then took place.

My car is unfortunately absent as it is a stripped shell right now.

8307433567_5fe0d63a91_z.jpg

DSC_0211 by canadianflyboy, on Flickr

8308483548_77a4791e27_z.jpg

DSC_0162 by canadianflyboy, on Flickr

8374004196_4ca37fd87f_z.jpg

gtr hdr 3 by canadianflyboy, on Flickr

Edited by Globerunner513

• 5 weeks later...

The last time I was home in North Carolina visiting my parents I found this almost perfectly preserved butterfly in the back of their extra car. The lighting isn't very good and gave it a grainy feel but I am an amateur point and shoot guy at best. One shot of an old surf trip in Baja, and a few of a funky little fly on my plants.

post-736-0-06264600-1360640604_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-29383600-1360640615_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-92237500-1360640627_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-36365900-1360640648_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-13677000-1360640657_thumb.jpg