• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 280ZForce
hb16ub7.jpg

USAF Heritage Flight

That the AFB is Vegas? The buildings look familiar.

My brother is in the AF and he goes to Vegas every now and then and I'll drive up to visit him on base, but supposedly photography is strictly prohibited on base and they can fine you or take your camera or something I was told because it's 'Top Secret' and they don't want enemies getting ahold of their information and what not...this is correct right?

I was lucky to get a few shots off of around the hanger was brother was working in.

That the AFB is Vegas? The buildings look familiar.

My brother is in the AF and he goes to Vegas every now and then and I'll drive up to visit him on base, but supposedly photography is strictly prohibited on base and they can fine you or take your camera or something I was told because it's 'Top Secret' and they don't want enemies getting ahold of their information and what not...this is correct right?

I was lucky to get a few shots off of around the hanger was brother was working in.

Actually that is at Tynadall AFB in Panama City Beach, FL. And you are correct, mere mortals are not allowed to photograph on the flighline

wow y'all have some nice cameras...

I have taken a couple nice pics with my camera...

Casio Exilim ex-s500 credit card sized camera...

b50557913.jpg

b49753064.jpg

b48008301.jpg

b45610659.jpg

welding class:

b40654364.jpg

b40653636.jpg

b40653815.jpg

This one taken with an old 1.3 megapixel camera: notice the blurring...lol

b37542513.jpg

back to my Exilim pocket camera...

b36581486.jpg

b34950749.jpg

These were just a few of the ones I have taken this year.

I dig the astrophotography shot there David. It's just cool to see colors and shadows as if it were daylight in a shot like that. When I took astronomy in college my teacher had a similar shot, but there was this crazy light that looked like it had been dragged all around the ground in the foreshot. I guess some javelina got into his campsite and he had been running around with a flashlight in his hand trying to get away from them! :lol:

EDIT--Here's my icicle shot from yesterday. I'm not much of a photographer, but I like the drips in mid-air: DSCN1525.jpg

Pensacola, FL beach where I go to college...

b33878636.jpg

Afternoon trip to far north GA

b31881601.jpg

b31881593.jpg

Caught this one while I was working (I'm a pizza delivery guy :icon47::trippen: )

b31122564.bmp

Playing with the water faucet filling a cup with water :-)

b21284914.jpg

b16744410.jpg

some buildings in Atlanta

b16743932.jpg

Me learning how to TIG weld...This is like the third time I touched a TIG so the beads are a little ugly...lol

And that IS Duct tape on my helmet...LOL!

b10736546.jpg

Yosemitie valley..some waterfall. Older 1.3mp camera again

b10266422.jpg

Tenya lake at yosemitie

b10263785.jpg

One of my roses...

b9176257.jpg

Those are some unbelievable photos, guys. Everyone that posted put up some excellent work. I swear it looks professional. Just beautiful. I'm one for keeping the chick photos out of this thread personally, we already have one in the "post pics of your GF or wife" thread. Just my $.02

The nature shots and still-life photos, heck EVERY photo looks awesome. I wonder if we could make money producing posters and post cards?? You guys are GOOD!

Davy

One day in my welding class (of all things) we had art lessons. Some of the guys in the class were done with all of their assignments early in the quarter and were wanting to do some art stuff to make money for the program (to buy steel and lower student supply costs:-) ). Anyway The instructor had an artist come in and teach everyone about the rule of thirds and how it applied to sculptures and photos etc...

Before then I had no clue about taking photos of stuff or any artistic understanding. About 2 hours of training anf it really helps with taking photos.

I think we made around $2000 for the program just off of yard art stuff in about 2 weeks. We spent about $150 in materials and half of a $400 booth at the southeastern flower show...Pretty cool!!

I have a bunch of black and white prints i made and devoloped in photography class in school, but don't have a scanner for those.. this is nothing special because it's with my crappy digital, but the scenery is cool, took in when i was at college in santa barbara...

im000262zf3.jpg

Tenya lake at yosemitie

b10263785.jpg

Hey Olderthanme, I know where you've been. Check it out.

pb191016.jpg

Here is a Stang at Limerock, Braking for Turn One.

http://www.photoblink.com/imageview.asp?imageid=187794&groupby=authorid&value=6974&page=1

pb187794.jpg

GTO-R, They were outbraking, passing, and out handling Porsche 911's easily!!!

http://www.photoblink.com/imageview.asp?imageid=187360&groupby=authorid&value=6974&page=1

pb187360.jpg