HybridZ

Anyone into martial arts?

240zrb

Everyone in here are into cars (Z's), but I got to wonder, how many are into martial arts?

Is there many like me, who's into both:-)

I have been doing Kyokushin for some years now. Are there many styles of martial arts represented in here?

OSU! :-)

My three kids (Jackson, 6; Lucy, 8; Kevin, 11) and I have been taking Karate for almost two years now. We are studying a combination of Tang Soo Doo, Hapkido, and Taekwondo. It has been fun and while the younger two have their up's and downs learning the various katas it is a great feeling when they really step it up. My youngest even cut himself off from playing his gameboy until he graduated for one belt (almost two weeks of no Nin-Ten-Do form) , he really made me proud.

I've never done any formal training and have always regretted it. But I am currently trying to get prepped for getting into free running. Though I think I might need to get some health insurance first.

I started agressive skating at the age of 7 and didn't stop till I was about 15. I've developed a good sense of balance and such. Playing guitar has also helped my hand eye coordination as well. I need a hobby that will keep my body stressed though. Even regular 3 hour gigs just don't make me sweat enough.

This is stretching it a little bit but I was a competetive fencer for 8-9 years. It is considered a martial art by some.

I have been the national rolling points champion for my age category, state champion a few times and second in the southeast a few times..

I have a rating of B-2006. That is the second highest rating you can get and I got it this year. The highest is an "A" which is the level olympians are at. I started when I was 10 and I still do it but not very often. I just do it for fun now.

I went to a karate school 10 years ago for a while. Now I am studying in the area of Jeet Kune Do with my son. We train 5 nights a week and usually more. It is a lot of fun and anyone familiar with this will know that it can include pieces of every martial art and fighting type. Right now we are concentrating on kung fu, chin na, kickboxing, and some kenpo. I am debating on buying the definitive Dan Inosanto collection on DVD to keep us busy for the next couple years. Good to see some other people also share interests in the martial arts.

My best friend of over a decade is a black belt in Taekwondoe. I am a huge fan of MMA, tricking, gymnastics.

I routinely post over at bilang.com. check it out sometime. there are great demo videos/samplers there. I have a couple of my own but I can't hold a candle to those guys

I did some TaeKwonDo about... oh geez... 15 years ago (has it been that long?). It was fun, my best friend and another good friend went to the Junior Olympics and placed 3rd and 4th. They could kick my ass in a minute flat though. I ended up hurting my back and had to stop, but I've considered starting back up again. I think I'd like to do something less high kick oriented. I was always a strong puncher, never flexible enough to really make an axe kick work. Love watching MMA, I think I like watching the Pride fights more than UFC, but either one gets my heart going. Too bad it always seems to come on at 3:00 AM...

I train in Kajukembo and MBS (Mixed Boxing Style--similar to kick boxing). I'm not a blackbelt yet, but I hope to get there in a few years. We train also in some Escrima, although I just can't afford the time to do it all, so I've dropped the idea of adding Escrima to my list. I'm also into weight training and was doing a lot of bodybuilding, but have changed in the last six months to more martial arts targeted weight training. My wife trains in kickboxing and two of my kids that also train in Kajukenbo are competitive fighters.

I prefer to fight rounds instead of point fighting. Rounds are closer to street fighting in my opinion.

Davy

Pure form akido/ REcently studied With doug welsh and his american tiger karate schools/ good ole southern wrasslen/ Self studied jeet kune do

and a smattering of eastern philosphies and lore :)

realy sickly kid so of course my family said hey lets let em get the hell kicked out of him :)

all kind sof fun need te get back to it though

ron

Thats how I got into Law Enforcement! I was teaching Kali (filipino stick & Knife fighting) at a local Dojo. After a month I starting seeing an increase in student attendance. All these guys were ages 21 -25 clean cut and very focused...but, I soon found out it was the Riverside County Sheriff Swat. A week later the Swat Sgt. handed me a packet. I filled it out, and 8 weeks after that I was in the Academy. I still teach Baton/ASP and tacticts, but on a State and Federal Level. In 1992 I recieved my 2nd Degree Black in Kali Lua Do, my Instructor was a direct student of Danny Inosanto and Richard Bustillo at the IMB Academy in Long Beach. It's all good. It's been useful several times dealing with criminals and I consider it just another useful tool in my personal arsenal.