HybridZ

MOMO pedal set

HB280ZT

Well All,

I purchased the MOMO pedal set from MSA:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/LNP1/50-3924

Now my question is has anyone tried these?

The reason that ask is because I was looking at installing the pedals but the gas pedal is nice and straight but the pedal has a nice curve to it. Also the mounting instructions tell you to drill holes in the middle through the pedal. Well the backing rod is also located in the center of the pedal so what to do?

Thanks

HB280ZT

I put a set of those on my civic race car a long time ago. get ready for a pain in the but install. but when your done they are worth it. trust me, they look good and feel good. the only problem i had was my shoes. race shoes work perfect but regular tennis shoes were sometimes to wide causing me to hit the corner of the brake pedal when triing to hit the gas, oop's! then i found that adidas makes a tennis shoe that was perfect. Its the ones with goodyear on the side. solved my problem. hope this helps

I installed a set of Sparco pedals and it certainly was not what I'd call a quick and easy install. I prefer the shorter style gas pedal because of the way the Z mechanism pivots. I believe the longer gas pedal may hinder full throttle and does not provide the additional portion at the bottom left of the gas pedal to aid in heel-toe. Anyway, I positioned the pedal over the stock pedals, without the rubber on, and drilled through holes for attachment. Driving shoes do allow better use of these style racing pedals. I quess the exercise would have been a bit easier if access was better....oh well!

Tom

Tom,

Do you by chance have pictures of your install?

I have decided to return the Momo pedals to MSA and look into something else.

So if anyone has an idea of what to use on or for pedals please let me know.

Thanks

HB280ZT

Sorry, but I have no pics of the Sparco pedals installed. You should take a look at what Sparco offers for pedals.

Tom

I went through the same thing with the MOMO pedals. Here's what I did:

I got some thin foam pad to put between the gas pedals. This helps the curve differences. I was thinking about trying to bend the pedal, but I didn't want to damage anything.

Get a longer screw for the hole that is over the rod. Trim the back of the screw as flush as possible once it's installed so that it doesn't snag on the carpet. I did this first and it worked just fine. A few days later, I couldn't leave good enough alone, I tried taking a small grinder to the rod so the screw could be even more flush on the back but this was just a bunch of unneccesary work if you ask me.

On more thing I did was trim the oem gas pedal so the would be the same length. On my set the MOMO pedal was about 2in. shorter than the oem. I guess Italians have small feet...

Hope this helps. I'll try and get some pics. My car is in pieces right now so we'll see....

I wonder if it would be easier just to cut up some aluminum sheet 1/8" thick. Shape it to the stock pedals and drill some nice holes in it. Then drive a few screws through the sheet to fasten it to the original rubber/metal pedals. You could even get creative and punch some "dimple grippies" into the aluminum from the back with a punch and a hammer.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I went through the same thing with the MOMO pedals. Here's what I did:

I got some thin foam pad to put between the gas pedals. This helps the curve differences. I was thinking about trying to bend the pedal, but I didn't want to damage anything.

Get a longer screw for the hole that is over the rod. Trim the back of the screw as flush as possible once it's installed so that it doesn't snag on the carpet. I did this first and it worked just fine. A few days later, I couldn't leave good enough alone, I tried taking a small grinder to the rod so the screw could be even more flush on the back but this was just a bunch of unneccesary work if you ask me.

On more thing I did was trim the oem gas pedal so the would be the same length. On my set the MOMO pedal was about 2in. shorter than the oem. I guess Italians have small feet...

Hope this helps. I'll try and get some pics. My car is in pieces right now so we'll see....

Pics?

• 1 month later...

This showed up in my forum feed, I found on issue drilling through the rod on the pedal.  Also, the slight curve wasn't an issue.  I've had these on my car since 2009 without issue.  I just used longer bolts, I trimmed my clutch and brake pedal widths to make room for my wide feed.  Much better with a lot more room for footwork in the pedal box.

• 1 year later...

This showed up in my forum feed, I found on issue drilling through the rod on the pedal.  Also, the slight curve wasn't an issue.  I've had these on my car since 2009 without issue.  I just used longer bolts, I trimmed my clutch and brake pedal widths to make room for my wide feed.  Much better with a lot more room for footwork in the pedal box.

Pics?