HybridZ

Wangan Midnite Movie Copies

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone can get me all the VHS's i can encode them digitally at home or in one of the labs i use in the tech center @ my college.

would take awhile to capture' date=' process, and encode the videos... but once done.. would be much easier to distribute.[/quote']

Digital copies are already being made. And the VHSs out there right now are not the best quality (4-6hr mode).

Thanks to everyone offering to make copies, but as with any business, I'd like to keep it mine :-)

I actually went and got brand new original VHS movies from Japan for the best quality when converting them to DVD. Nothing is cheap in Japan as anyone well knows! So I'm trying to recover the costs of the tapes + hardware.

Once all the copies are made, I will probably be selling the original tapes on ebay or something.

Owen

Guest JAMIE T

So I thought I would try to make it funny and NC-17 or so :-)

Owen

LOL, That's what I do with 'em!!!

I've got all of your older VHS copies. I'd be down for some of the DVD's also in a better quality. Something to play in the PS2 while at car shows. I had not thought about putting a monitor in my car for a long time. But this would make it cool. Plus, I could play Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero to pass the time!

Then how come people become fan of the film?

Is this film officially our "cult classic favorite"?

Well, it;s MY official cult classic! :-)

Basically, it's the only feature film with an old school Z racing. The only other "movie" I've been able to find is the one with Bob Sharpe's Zs.

Owen

I might be interested once you have them all encoded in high quality.

As high as I can get with VHS capture! I've been capturing them at 1 hour speed (one movie is a little longer than that, so two discs.) Then putting them together on my PC and then DVD shrinking them. That's why it's taking me a while to get re-started in this process. I'll let everyone know when they're all done, had to re-do some of them.

Owen

Well' date=' it;s MY official cult classic! :-)

Basically, it's the only feature film with an old school Z racing. The only other "movie" I've been able to find is the one with Bob Sharpe's Zs.

Owen[/quote']

There's a Japanese movie on DVD called "Freeway Speedway" (volume/movie 1) that has a red 280ZX as one of the character's car.

I don't have any way to make copies of DVD's. I got mine from my local Japantown video store. I'm sure it could also be found on Ebay too. Here's an auction for one right now: [url']http://cgi.ebay.com/FREEWAY-SPEEDWAY-1-WS-SUB-DVD-NEW_W0QQitemZ6415720918QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

IS this vid any good? what all kind of cars are in it? whats the basic review?

Thanks

The first Freeway Speedway was made in the late 80's (hence, why all the cars in it are older). The main character drives an R30 Skyline. Other than the 280ZX and R30 Skyline, there's this cop's personal car (some kind of Euro car I think). It's an ok movie, which has its moments. The car race/chase scenes are nothing special (they're just on a freeway after all), but the later Freeway Speedway movies look even more exciting. Being more recent, many of the cars used are the typical Japanese high end sports cars like the Supra, FD RX7, R32-up Skylines, and I think even the Z32. (the first DVD contains trailers for the later ones). The racing scenes shown in the later DVD's look much more dynamic and have more varied locales (ie off-road, mountain passes, etc.)