HybridZ

Jdarkme's 1972 240Z

This is my 1972 240Z I found it online after searching through hundreds of google results

I saw the following photos in the classifieds of a fishing forum so I joined and replied to the ad.

240z_21.JPG

240z1b.JPG

240_1a.JPG

The gentleman replied with his phone number and after holding it for me for a couple of weeks we went up to San Jose to buy it.

DSC0005.JPG

DSC0001.JPG

DSC000522.JPG

DSC000531.JPG

I wasn't able to bring it home just yet because the brake master cylinder needed replacing and it needed a tune up. My uncle who luckily lived in San Jose fixed it and we went back about a month and a half later to pick it up.

This is the car back at home:

Copy_of_DSC00039.JPG

DSC000453.JPG

DSC000412.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC0.JPG

I then took apart the interior and started to take off the factory insulation, I was glad to see that there was almost no rust.

DSC000431.JPG

DSC.JPG

My neighbor who paints cars finished the rest and painted the interior with rustoleom.

DSC00377.JPG

DSC00378.JPG

DSC00379.JPG

DSC00380.JPG

Right now I'm about to come back home from college so I'll finally be able to put in the insulation and finish up the interior.

• 4 months later...

I really haven't done all that much even though it's been a couple of months, mostly because I've been busy (mostly browsing hybridz lol).

But yeah, I installed the sound deadening in the front:

DSC00619.JPG

Put a dash cap on:

DSC006201.JPG

Installed a Grant steering wheel, saw it recommended in a thread and recommend it myself:

DSC006211.JPG

Painted the wheels black:

DSC00622.JPG

Took off the stuff I didn't need on the balance tube:

DSC006241.JPG

I started to do some spirited driving and I have to say the car is a blast even though it's stock. Then the fan hit the radiator, it didn't do much damage so I just cut off a very small piece of the fan so it wouldn't hit again. I went out and the fan hit again, it turns out the bottom of the radiator wasn't bolted in and this time it didn't look so pretty:

DSC006231.JPG

So I decided I might as well buy an aluminum radiator and I got a PRC double pass from Randy's Racemart, I'm taking it Friday to Betamotorsports to have some tabs welded in:

DSC00625.JPG

And I also got a PermaCool Electric Fan:

DSC006261.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well the car has finally been my daily driver since the last update, but I've added a couple of things:

I upgraded the headlights to the H4's from datsunrestore, they are noticeably brighter but I still need to add relays:

DSC00087.JPG

I changed my mirrors because the other one's were too small:

DSC000891.JPG

I added a front bumber and painted it flat black:

DSC00708.JPG

DSC000902.JPG

And I replaced the drivers seat with one that a friend sold me, the other one was really sagging and this one holds me in much better:

DSC00091.JPG

I'm also going to ugrade the suspension because kyb shocks and unknown springs just aren't cutting it.

I bought the Tokico Illumina's from John at Betamotorsports:

DSC00095.JPG

DSC000841.JPG

And I bought the springs from ArizonaZcar, 180front 200rear:

DSC00097.JPG