HybridZ

headers 280zx

bens1088

I cant tell you if you should do it or not.

I was going to have a shop do it for me but they wanted $600 so i chose to do it myself w/ a friends help.

here is a link to removing everything... im not sure if this is right or not but it seems to be ok.. you might want to do a search to find another way of doing it if you're not comfortable w/ this way.

http://www.zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18779

good luck

Header= NA and looking at his cardomain he has an NA.

Id take detailed pics before the guy does it for $200. Do you know if he has a good mechanical history? Or is it some one you've never met before?

~Alex

He quoted me 1 1/2 hrs of work at like 90ish an hour plus parts and stuff. Its the big muffler place in my city so they are good I assume.

Make sure they change the intake and exaust manifold to head gasket, that should be some of the parts cost. I havn't done the job my self so you should check and see what else needs replaced when you take those parts off. You also have to triple check every thing about shop jobs unless you know the people.

~Alex

Guest ToxicLove

$200? I'd def. take advantage of that quote if I could, remembering the last time I changed my gasket on my 280zx. Unless you have very small and nimble hands (I've got big fat hands), taking off the intake/exh manifolds is a huge pain in the ass (and I have headers which are smaller).

Also for putting them back on it's also very annoying lining up the ratchet with 2 extensions to each underside bolt and getting the proper torque spec. Get that 200 dollar deal but don't let the mechanic change his mind about the price when it ends up taking him 6 hours.