HybridZ

intercooler kit?

datsun280zx81

The only kit that I know of is the HKS kit that can be purchased from a few retailers and independent shops. It not really the best priced option.

If you looked at my web site I have a few pictures of the kit but, it's a little different than how it came from HKS.

I would also suggest you do some searching here about the practicle limits with the stock turbo. Seems like about 15 psi is the most that guys run with it and that may be pushing it a little far.

Supposedly my mechanic said that 19lbs is the most it can handle and he has seen it done. He works at a Z shop here in Florida. I only want to run 16lbs at the most but there might be that day when I want to push the limit just to see so I want to be prepared. I know about the HKS kit but that is way too far out of my price range. I just thought maybe somebody knew of an intercooler that I could buy seaperate and then a piping kit for the 280zx somewhere for around 300-500 total. Thanks for the info.

I was talking to Garret and he had a Spearco IC, full 3 in exaust, 60mm throttle body, adjustable FPR, bigger fuel pump, 15psi and an adjusted stock AFM. Stock ecu/turbo/engine. He dyno'd at 320WTQ and 275WHP. Looks like you need injectors an AFPR and "tuning" the AFM...

That was my plan, just that stuff, maybe 440cc injectors and either a chipped maxima ECU (I have the ecu already) or depending on my success with MS on my VQ-s13 project I may use it again. And eventually some sort of turbo upgrade.

~Alex