HybridZ

have all parts except bolts!

Junk yards work.

GM parts direct sells bolts. This is a good way to go for LSx engines because I like the aluminized coating they put on the LS specific bolts.

summit racing and JEGS all carry bolts. McMaster Carr will sell them in individual bolts and will sometime get them to you in less than a day.

A company called Fastenal has stores all over and sells high quality bolts, but in boxes of 25.

MPO is that Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, etc., are convenient but overpriced for what you get. Their "normal" binned stock is grade 2, afaik, which probably shouldn't be used for automotive applications. I've had good luck with http://www.atlanticfasteners.com; they seem to have a fairly comprehensive selection at prices much better than local retail. Also, check out the yellow pages for "Fasteners"; we've got a couple listings here in San Antonio and they have grade 5 and 8 stuff for good prices. YMMV, as always.

Best -- Gary

I use new bolt kits from ARP. I buy one "engine bolt" kit, plus the additional kits necessary (head bolts, flexplate bolts, harmonic balancer bolt, starter bolts, carb studs, valve cover studs, etc). They can be on the pricey side, but it's worth it, IMO. They look great, the quality is excellent, and they're advertised as being 12 to 15% stronger than grade 8. You usually end up with some bolts left over that find their way in serving various purposes... like holding on my license plate:)

I use new bolt kits from ARP. I buy one "engine bolt" kit, plus the additional kits necessary (head bolts, flexplate bolts, harmonic balancer bolt, starter bolts, carb studs, valve cover studs, etc). They can be on the pricey side, but it's worth it, IMO. They look great, the quality is excellent, and they're advertised as being 12 to 15% stronger than grade 8. You usually end up with some bolts left over that find their way in serving various purposes... like holding on my license plate:)

OMG...You have a Grade 8+ ARP bolt holding your license plate on? ROFL...BWAHAHAHA...

Ok I'm good....Might be a good idea for the homies with the big subs and huge amplifiers. Their license plates always sound like they're coming off...

OMG...You have a Grade 8+ ARP bolt holding your license plate on? ROFL...BWAHAHAHA...

I support ARP's endurance claims. I've tried and just can't get the car to come close to twisting enough to break those license plate bolts:burnout:

They also hold my radiator, my fan, and my hood support. I may use some of to hold my fog lights, too, when I reinstall them. It's nice to have all the bolts match :D