HybridZ

What to buy

gjc5500

he he he he!

A professionally prepared head can run $1500+

This will be for a head that WORKS. Not some hog-job.

The power of the Nissan Engine is in the head. Don't skimp there.

For the prices mentioned, you can buy a rustbucket ZX Turbo Donor Car and be well on the way to the dark side...and have loads more power than you will ever get with an N/A setup.

Good Luck!

I dont like the SUs. never have. i drove a 260 w/ a good set and it was ok. but it kept flooding. I had the same problem in my 240 wen i got it. i just pirced a cam and now feel dumb. prolly gonna get a cam and exhaust. ill call a machine shop on tuesday and price head work

personally, i'd never drop $1500 in headwork on a l24. theres so many other engines that you can get for $1500 with ALOT more power. Lt1's + trans sell for around $800-$1200 here. I dont know what kind of driving or power you want, but to make some good power it would be cheaper and easier on a bigger engine. l28/et, 350 etc..

yea, i didn't think a mild cam was to expensive, prolly $150 or so..

Not even close... A "mild" cam, rocker arms, and lash pads is gonna be well over $500 to do it right. And I'd never do just a cam in a stock head... Tony D. is correct. the "stock" head is extremely restricted...

Also GJC5500, If you drove a stock 250Z with SUs that were tuned correctly, it wouldn't have been "flooding".

You might want to take that $300 and sit on it for a while until you have some more to put with it... :2thumbs:

Mike

Not even close... A "mild" cam, rocker arms, and lash pads is gonna be well over $500 to do it right. And I'd never do just a cam in a stock head... Tony D. is correct. the "stock" head is extremely restricted...

Also GJC5500, If you drove a stock 250Z with SUs that were tuned correctly, it wouldn't have been "flooding".

You might want to take that $300 and sit on it for a while until you have some more to put with it... :2thumbs:

Mike

Well put Mike

well just a cam from msa is $169, i forgot to mention the extra costs. But i agree, it's better to save up for somthing that will make you grin, then put alot of money into somthing that might be ok for awhile.

LT1 ($600-?)

first gen 350 ($300-?)

l28et ($200-$600)

add $500 to the v8's (for exhaust, mounts, fuel pump, dist, radiator etc)