rdsk8ter

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Aguyandaredhead

My window was removed but I could have done it with it in place. I just wanted to get the stucture done while the car was in mock up stage. I did not want to be doing any glass after I the paint was done..

Jeff

guess you'd have to tape up the windshield or something so you dont get too messy with the fiberglass lol. well... i guess im going to leave the 280z dash in mine until i finish customizing the ZX dash frame to the new dash design.. i'll post pics w/progress (i have too many projects going on at the moment so... yeah... lol) good luck sk8ter

Here is the first layer of glass

PIC_0013.jpg

PIC_0012.jpg

Its rough but hey for a first attemt its not to shabby and plus thats why Im going to do a second layer and a skim coat of bondo for right. I read that if you mix the resin in with the bondo that it will make it easier to spread is this true or was that person on crack?

ah the weight of the dash wont make that much of a difference if its got everything on it that he needs. put some lighter seats in and you easily make up for the weight as the factory seats weigh a TON. by the way the dash is starting to look good man. good job. hope to start on mine soon but i just got the engine fired up so i gotta tune it and get everything straight.. then maybe start on the dash. its lookin nice though man.