HybridZ

seat options for 280z ?

gretchen/jason

Nothing is going to be a 'bolt in' but all you have to do is find seats you like, and as long as they will phisicaly fit inside the Z, build some brackets to suit. I have 90 something civic Si seats in my 75 280 for example. The seat back adjustment levers were in the way, (hit the tranny tunnel) so I just switched them. (drivers seat is on the passenger side, vice-versa) I guess this depends how good you are with custom fab work and possibly some welding...

Some suggestions for over the counter (AKA Junkyard) seats:

CRX Seats (Get the units without the seatbelt built in)

RX7 1st-3rd gens

Conguest TSI seats

Camaro seats

Eclipse seats

Nissan 240SX seats

Toyota MR2 seats

Now what I used are these: http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/itemdetail.asp?ses=32283i5tmclr2jrd95&itemid=923&showbrake=1

They are ultra light weight, can be mounted to the Nissan seat slider with some effort, and fit very well if you have a vice to bend the "wings" inward a tad so they don't hit the door...

Mike

A buddy of mine installed 90 300ZX electric leather seats in his 73 240z. Made his own brackets. Seats cost him $300 from a club member. They look great and are really comfortable. He drove out to the coast this summer with his wife and said it was a comfy ride. I can give you his email if you want to contact him about the brackets. When I get the drivetrain on my 77 done I'm going with these seats.

• 9 months later...