HybridZ

Poor Guy Ridiculed Over On the 350Z Forums

slownrusty

I had a little chuckle over it....but admittingly when the the guy who started the thread said that he has been teased about being hariy since puberty it was not really all that funny. I guess its always funny when its at someone else's expense.

Notice in the 7 or 8 pages of that thread there are only three posts by the person who started it.

I bet he is feeling this small --><-- and very conscious after his supposed 350Z brethren had a good laugh at his expense.

Here is the actual thread:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208462

Yasin

We live in a sick society. Half our populous doesn't feel much for other people... borderline Narcissistic. It's been estimated that approximately 10 percent of the US population is clinically (severely) Narcissistic.

The GOOD news is that most of those folks are on all the other forums. The better half reside right here on good ol' hybridz!!:D

The sole purpose of putting someone else down (especially for something they cannot change) is to separate yourself from them and stand as their superior.

In other words, to make yourself feel good about yourself at their expense. It just doesn't really work, of course, which is the problem and why it is always done by people with low self esteem, or just plain mean.

Yea, people here are generally nice about making fun of you when it happens.

...like when I didn't know what my L28's oil pump looked like...

woops :lol:

as long as it's in good spirit it can be ok, but there's a line you shouldn't cross for sure.

Gollum... If someone ribbed you about not knowing what an oil pump looks like, that's not that bad... but I think you stated this nicely. It's something you can (and did) instantly change... your knowledge. If, on the other hand, you hadn't the intelligence to grasp the idea (mentally disabled), that same ribbing would have been cruel. It's cruel to tease someone about something they cannot change, such as being hairy.

That is seriously messed up. Reminds me alot of another forum Houston240sx.com they do stupid stuff like that as well. Thus the more technical 240 owners broke away to create texas240sx.com. That's why I like Hybridz so much, there is no nonsense Bullsh*t in the technical forums. People are treated as people with respect right off the bat, you don't have to earn respect here. It's given as soon as you join and it's up to you to ruin it or keep it.

Tough break for that guy... I think I would leave the forum as most of them commented on his arm and not about his problem.