HybridZ

How much did you get your Z for?

Guest Stoggs

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$500 for a clean and restorable '73 240Z in 2002. Currently have about $1000 invested. Just purchased '83 280ZXT donor for engine, ECU and R200 that was $250. Intercooler $120*, eBay '75 non-egr intake $79*. '75 fuel tank $75*

Soon going on rotisserie for full restore

*+shipping

Titus_RacerX

82 280zx, excellent interiors, no rust, straight body except for few door dings, all stock, and 70k miles only.... got it for FREE

An officemate/friend bought two cars and told me he doesn't have any extra parking for the old Z (he bought a 350z and a van) and asked me if I want it. I thought he was joking but after 2 weeks of asking me when I'm going to pick-up the car and telling me he will donate it if I will not take it I was shock. More shock when I saw the car since we didn't talk about what is it's current condition.

edit: got it two years ago

Damn this is rather depressing, Being in the northeast the best i could find was a 71 Z with 100K miles with some typical rust but none the less a solid Z for $2600. It was a new mexico car (paint burnt down to the metal in some areas) up untill 2003 when i bought it in NJ with the sole intent of an SR-swap. I Think I liked mostly that it was automatic so i knew the unibody wasnt bashed on with shifting abuse for 36 years. Converted it to stick for like $60 in parts.

• 4 months later...
Guest Twistershift

Paid $1500 for my '79 in 2001 I think?

Drove it for 4 years and only ever changed the water pump.

Best $1500 bucks I ever spent.

Damn, why did I ever get rid of it?

• 2 weeks later...

$5.4k. L28 rebuilt with 10k miles on it. Drove it home with a couple of problems. 5 speed had some linkage issues and the T3 turbo was shot. Car had very little rust and the paint is in good enough shape that some minor touchup will be enough. Came with spare 4 speed transmission and non turbo exhause manifold. Decided to do swap rather than put time and money into the L28. If you look at most of the post on this thread, no one is talking about selling the car and for how much. Sounds like me, I want this car for a very long time. If the motor blows up, I,m gonna drop another one just like it back in. Thanks JDM. Thanks Japan for the high cost of your car inspections .