HybridZ

What do you guys think VICTORY RED 240z?

Too orange for my taste. But I dont like flashy colors to begin with they beckin for attention... and tickets. I think color is something you have to decide for yourself though If you like it go with it. Choosing paint is one of hte hardest htings you can pick out on a car haha especially when you sit down in front of a couple color books.

Anyway though you cant loose Z's look good any color from puke green to poo brown. Heck I think they even came from the factory in those colors ;)

I used to know a guy with a red 240z (but I don't know the specific shade), and it was the only car I've ever liked in red. I think the usual sports car colors like red, yellow, and so on are a bit played out. I like white, or charcoal, or even british racing green, since they let the car speak for itself without the eye catching paint.

might i add that colour correction and consistency is far from equal when comparing colours to eachothers monitors.

i invite you guys to make something using a print program, and go to a printer to have it output.

if you're one of the lucky few billion users who don't have colour corrected monitors, feel free to post your results.

I finally picked a color called Graphic Red. i believe the paint was by national standard.. its been replaced by something else though. I picked this because i wanted a red that didnt have that orange look to it in sunlight.. took me 5 paint chips and the guy let me have corresponding test paint in 1/4 oz airbrush pipettes so i could spray and check in sunlight.. the paint looked way to light and odd until it was actually on the car...its kinda strange how the shape of the car can make the paint seem different..

heres one of the better sunlight pics i have of my 280zx that was as close to the corvette red that i wanted.

My280ZX-small.jpg

Torch red here.... :cool: BTW, is a Vette color.

actually torch red is more orange to it. im looking at a 2006 ppg paint chip book the velocity red is more dark and the viper red also has some orange to it..

heres some pictures of my 1993 240sx that i sold at the begining of the year I had it painted PORSCHE RED in the sun it had some orange to it but in the dark it was red

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_0991.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_096.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_0981.JPG

You cant go wrong with classic Ferrari red "Rosso Corsa" or Porsche Gaurds Red. Either one is hot. I prefer the less orange, Ferrari red.

Red Z's look VERY nice when you also black out all the chrome and steel trim.

288-gto_rr-vw_a_s.jpg

77510-1.jpg

I do color calibrate my monitor.

My old 240 was painted Viper Red;

29571.jpg

29585.jpg

I was never a big fan of red Z cars until I bought that one. Once I had it all cleaned up and shiny I fell in love with the colour...it suits the Z well, but as Austin said earlier...there are not many colours that don't.

Well i got the famous quote for the 2 gallons victory red 1 gallon of clear and the other stuff need,reducer,catalyst ect...........$1442.00 damnnnnnnnnnnn alot of money so im switching to white for cheap for about $238 a gallon and $500 and something dollars1 for red. I think im for the white that comes in the subaru wrx i think its called pure white or frost white do you guys know.

thanks PLEASE POST ANY WHITE COLORS "BRIGHT WHITES"