HybridZ

VG30DETT 280z conversion pics,ect.

G.I.jonas

So i posted last night about my vg30dett conversion and the fact that im interested in making kits for people to do the same,Within hours people were asking for pics so i tried to put pics on and realized they were too big.So after screwing around for an hour or so(damnit i suck with computers) i got my pics hosted on photobucket.com or some crap like that.Some of my pics show engine mounts during construction others show the flat bar i welded onto the rails for a little extra strength and meat to weld the new mounts to,the rest are just showing how the engine fits overall as well as one with the hood on the car(showing plenty of room).These pics display the point at which i am at now, i will continue updating as i go along and come up against new things i need to do,hope you enjoy and please ask any q's or make any suggestions.:confused2 ________________________________________________________________

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

S3600474.jpg

S3600473.jpg

tr6.jpg

S3600476.jpg

S3600482.jpg

S3600472.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im retarded,apparently these links are not working,at least not for me i'll try to fix this mess.

All right well these links are only working for me if i right click and open as new window,y i have no idea(like i said suck with these things sometimes).So if they dont work for you then try that,or someone nerdy could tell me what im missing.

Gijonas...First I would like to apologize for jumping the gun with regards to your first post about design and fabrication of your parts for this swap. I guess I have been skeptical as a result of reading posts over the years by those who who have made empty promises and talking out their a**.

My skepticism is likely due to reading too many BS posts on other Z sites, which I shall not name....any guesses?? I can appreciate the thought and time that have gone into your project so far and I commend you. I look forward to following these posts and am interested in the outcome as a friend of mine is contemplating the swap. Wish you well with this project and am impressed with what you have accomplished thus far. Andrew

Hey drew thats no problem,i really didnt take it that hard.I am someone who is confident enough in his own abilities that i dont really pay much attention to alot of criticism from some people,however i do pay attention when someone steps up to apologize for impulse typing.Thanx again and like i said no worries we are all in this sh$# together

P.S. your project looks pretty sweet by the way.although you might want to sweep the floor lmao.

Ok im retarded,apparently these links are not working,at least not for me i'll try to fix this mess.

All right well these links are only working for me if i right click and open as new window,y i have no idea(like i said suck with these things sometimes).So if they dont work for you then try that,or someone nerdy could tell me what im missing.

When you start a new thread and you want to put pics in the thread that open instead of links that open a new window click on the button that has the 2 mountains in it, there will be a window that pops up cut and paste the link into the window and click ok. or you could just type in

color]

Hey thanks for the tecnical help,i can always use it.And to answer your question,the turbos are insalled now and were while pics were taken,you just cant see them in any of my angles.As far as turbo cleasrance i could see room for slightly larger ones without frame rail notching(which i am perfectly capable of but am wanting to avoid).I know my outlook will change when the car is done but right now my feelings are that im doing this particular conversion for the fact that this engine is already a monster in stock form,plus it will be in a really light car.Im sure this engined tuned to what its capable with stock turbos will keep me happy for some time.

Once im finished with the exhaust i think next step is to start rewiring the car....yay.By the way would anyone want to get a free pair of adjustable lower control arms?I am making some for my car and have decided to make more for the purpose of selling online,however my car is not running yet so i cant test them.Anybody with a flashy car(so i can get some good pics too) is welcome to this offer provided that you can convince me you wont just take them and run.I need someone to put them to the test and simply report back to me with any problems or suggestions.

Oh yea and the steering doesnt fit in stock position,it wont be hard to fix but i havnt done that yet.