HybridZ

VG30DETT 280z conversion pics,ect.

G.I.jonas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Are there any updates to this project? Makes me wish I had crashed a TT instead of my N/A. I hope your moving forward--nice work. I would love to see it on the road. p.s. I used the z32 rack and power steering and it works great (lots of work) details availible if your interested.

Here's my vg30de swap

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129441

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is looking great. Where do the turbos sit? Is there going to be any issues there? Any more progress with the build?

I was seriously considering an RB26DETT swap, but with the support of the VG, and just being able to find it cheaper, and get parts for it. I think it would make more sense. Besides the fact that the VG engine has more technology put into it's engineering.

Wow. Only thing holding me back is finding a house to buy with a garage.

This is looking great. Where do the turbos sit? Is there going to be any issues there? Any more progress with the build?

I was seriously considering an RB26DETT swap, but with the support of the VG, and just being able to find it cheaper, and get parts for it. I think it would make more sense. Besides the fact that the VG engine has more technology put into it's engineering.

Wow. Only thing holding me back is finding a house to buy with a garage.

Please read threads before posting,if you go back about 8 posts your question will be answered :wink:

And yes the turbos were tight but they had plenty of room,unfortunately if you want larger turbos than stock you are going to need smaller frame rails.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... Not just for the sake of originality, but I am going to do this swap hopefully in the near future. I will be doing all the work. Not a problem. That is what saves on cost. Materials ar not so bad, I can get much of that from work. My biggest cost is going to be the garage to do the work in. haha

Buying a house first.

Good luck with it!,i can help for as far as i got,but beyond that you are on your own.

Man, I need to find a place fast.

How hard is it to find a house with a 4-5 car garage, with a two post lift, and 1 bedroom?

I want to get started on this project fast. Last thing I crammed an engine into was a Suzuki Samurai, and it wasn't even mine... :ugg:

I think I am going to mount the turbos in front of the engine though. Make more use out of the room, and leave them to where I can get to them. But, that would be much easier if I got more proficient with TIG.

• 7 months later...
So i posted last night about my vg30dett conversion and the fact that im interested in making kits for people to do the same,Within hours people were asking for pics so i tried to put pics on and realized they were too big.So after screwing around for an hour or so(damnit i suck with computers) i got my pics hosted on photobucket.com or some crap like that.Some of my pics show engine mounts during construction others show the flat bar i welded onto the rails for a little extra strength and meat to weld the new mounts to,the rest are just showing how the engine fits overall as well as one with the hood on the car(showing plenty of room).These pics display the point at which i am at now, i will continue updating as i go along and come up against new things i need to do,hope you enjoy and please ask any q's or make any suggestions.:confused2 ________________________________________________________________

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

S3600474.jpg

S3600473.jpg

tr6.jpg

S3600476.jpg

S3600482.jpg