HybridZ

Now THIS is what the new Z car should have been!

auxilary

I was thinking TVR and S2000

Typed the words right out from under me.

My thoughts exactly. To me it doesn't look NEW enough to be the new Z. I still stand by the BMW Z4 coupe as a good modern version of the 240Z. It needs more "cues" but it's got the overall shape to be it. Much more so than the 350Z.

To me though that car just looks too much like a highly modified S30 car. Sure I'd love nissan to make something like that, but they never would.

• Administrators

Yeah, that does look a lot like a Z that was nicely personally modernized.

You know, I’ve always thought the Chrysler Crossfire made a better looking “New Nissan Z” than the “350 Z”. The Crossfire with its long nose, “cab backwards” design, the quarter light, etc It looks like a current production “retro” S-30 Z car in my eyes. The 350 Z’s styling just doesn’t grab the emotions like the original Z or the Z-32 did upon their release. The G-35 coupe is far sharper than the 350.

I do like the Retro styling of some offerings from today’s Automakers, i.e. the new Beetle, Mini, Mustang, Crossfire, etc, .

Maybe I’m getting old, but doesn’t it seem like a lot of the modern vehicles, sport bikes included, look a lot like the “Transformers” toys, from the Transformers cartoon in the mid ‘80’s especially the styling of modern sport bikes? Look at their headlight and fairing styling and compare it to Megatron… That generation is today’s auto consumer so I guess it makes sense. I was in High school and my younger Brother used to watch that Transformers cartoon, I HATED IT!!! Give me Tom & Jerry, Looney tunes etc, now that is quality animated entertainment…

but I digress

2004.jpg

I was in High school and my younger Brother used to watch that Transformers cartoon, I HATED IT!!! Give me Tom & Jerry, Looney tunes etc, now that is quality animated entertainment.

Paul, I'm going to assume that's the painkillers from your car accident talking...Maybe you were thinking of Go-bots, now THAT was a crappy cartoon! I can get behind the Looney Tunes, but I can't accept Tom and Jerry as viable entertainment...that's right down there with The Flintstones and the Pink Panther on the list of things that are just BARELY better than having your gums scraped at the dentist...

I was thinking this car looked a lot like an old TVR, but I don't understand why the ENTIRE z community is screaming for a lightweight minimalist retro Z, and Nissan just refuses to deliver...Other manufacturers seem able to do it, so it's not that it can't be done.