HybridZ

Now THIS is what the new Z car should have been!

auxilary

• 2 years later...

Reviving a thread from more than a year ago - we see that the opinions related to the styling of the 350Z/370Z haven't changed much. I say "styling", because there are some aspects of, or components utilized in, the design that are hard to beat.

Reviewing some of the previous comments - I see statements such as; "it looks like...", or "it reminds me of...."

Amazing how differently we perceive the form of lines and shapes...

"it looks like"... might be true of one thinks that an apple looks like an orange because they are both spherical... I suppose that explains why many people say that the Datsun 240Z looks like the Toyota 2000GT, or that either of them look any like the ugly Nissan 2000GT prototype built to Mr. Goertz specification...

"it reminds me of".... well here anything goes. Almost any fastback coupe "reminds me of" being parked in the mountains of Northern Idaho, very late at night circa 1970.... and thinking of how wonderful it was a petite and somewhat flexible young lady could lay almost flat on her back, on the rear deck area of a 240-Z, with room to spare.... {they should have put an inside hatch lid release these cars}.

dirty white boy - I totally agree... even if it is NOT PC.... ShaggyZ's remark it was funny as hell...

FWIW,

Carl B.

All sorts of arguments can be made about the aesthetics of the headlight placement, the airdam, the windshield and so forth, but the broader question is: does this car succeed as a true light-weight 2-seater?

We have lots of "sports cars" these days, with admirable performance... but most are north of 3300 lbs. It has become essentially impossible to find anything <2500 lbs, unless it is a Lotus or some dilapidated econobox.

So if this new orange car is truly light weight, then three cheers! - regardless of what it looks like!

All sorts of arguments can be made about the aesthetics of the headlight placement, the airdam, the windshield and so forth, but the broader question is: does this car succeed as a true light-weight 2-seater?

I don't know - I can not find the curb weight of the vehicle -nor any preformance spec.s How "light" can a tube frame, fiberglass body be today?

Nonetheless, very few people would buy a great peforming, ugly car. I think Panos proved that...

I totally agree with the concept of a light weight Sports/GT - that's why I have Datsun 240-Z's. The truth is that the Solstice Roadster came in just above 2800lbs - had GM actually produced a fastback coupe - instead of adding a rear roof to the existing roadster - they might have had coupe that weighted under 2500lbs at least... but as usual they blew it..

FWIW,

Carl B.

• 6 months later...

Nothing but drawings or artists renderings - not a single picture of a complete/finished car. No "news" since Feb. 08... Looks like it went down the tubes before making it out of the dream stage.

Most likely wasn't helped by the financial meltdown - wonder why they didn't get a bail out? Short of spending $225,000.00, I still have not seen a Sports/GT to match the original Datsun 240Z. Nothing even close...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Go to the design page, there's several pictures of a finished prototype. Sure there's no recent news updates, but who knows, there might be hope still.

Nothing but drawings or artists renderings - not a single picture of a complete/finished car. No "news" since Feb. 08... Looks like it went down the tubes before making it out of the dream stage.

Most likely wasn't helped by the financial meltdown - wonder why they didn't get a bail out? Short of spending $225,000.00, I still have not seen a Sports/GT to match the original Datsun 240Z. Nothing even close...

FWIW,

Carl B.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Base is supposed to be around $42,000 for the 180-190hp engine.