HybridZ

Group A E30 M3 rally footage.

Sparky

• Administrators

AWESOME! Phenomenal piece of driving. Driver has Gonads so large he has a wheel barrow just to carry them around…

That is an excellent example showing how quality shock/strut valving helps keep the tires in contact with pavement even under EXTRME conditions. Definitely justification for $1000 per corner dampers…

(I wonder if Ron has seen this one yet…)

I wish I lived in the pacific northwest where they actually have rally racing...all we have around here for offroading (off pavement) cars is ferraris going into ditches and fence posts...

No SCCA rallying or anything.

If there were I'd have a gravel and mud eating monZter!!

• Administrators

(I wonder if Ron has seen this one yet…)

Nice vid. That one made its rounds on S14.net a few weeks ago.

I have a few more E30 M3 vid's. If someone wants to host them, I'll share?

I had the opportunity to buy a Euro Spec E-30 M-3 when I was stationed in Italy...but as usual I procrastinated and lost out. Actually there were so many neat cars I coulda bought over there and missed out on cause as soon as I was ready to drop the money...something new would catch my eye. As far as tires go OTM, they change them after every stage...I would get used "blacktop rally rubber" for pennies on the dollar in 23x10x15 every year when the rally circuit came through, and then use it for auto-x on base or open track days at Hockenheim and The Hungaroring

Amazing driving.

One thing that blows my mind is the spectators on the track just asking to be run over. I don't care how good you are, one little "whoops" and you just ran over 4 people. Their legal system must be a lot different then ours. I could just see this in the states. Some idiot standing on the track gets run over and every one would be sued into oblivion as they didn't have proper security to keep the morons from hurting themselves. :roll:

Awesome vids though.

• 2 weeks later...
I stumbled on this video of predominantly E30 crashes...

Apologies for the 'music'... tacky and contains some explicit language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbJ2SORaBUQ&NR

at 1:47 & 2:37 do they flipover with pure G-force/enertia, if so that's cool,or is the rim digging in?

Some of those crashes remind me of the need to have a working emergency brake. I hate when a car "pushes" in a turn.