HybridZ

SR21VET Mockup pics!

Lunar240z

its bored out 1mm to 2045cc/2.05L not exactly 2.1 but...

The VE head is nissan's version of "vtec" which is a variable valve lift head

the VE head only came in fwd and only in japan and requires modification to the VVL oil feed line which can be seen here http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=162336 if oyu if you want to put the head on anything but a VE block

the oil pickup is in the middle of the pan and the pan slants down towards the oil drain... would that be the only reason?

Looking good. I'm no expert on the SR engines, but everyone I've seen swapped to a 510 or a roadster (which is quite a few) the engine looks to be tilted a little to the right (when facing the engine bay), but not very much. Here are some links to some really nice set ups

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/755713

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736863

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/678774/2

well i asked Alex of Vilidini Motorsports and he told me that the oilpan actually is supposed to be level, and the engine is supposed to be tilted over a little bit, just like an rb26dett. I have since started remaking the engine mount, i'll probably be done with it this weekend.

haha.

some updates on that actually... i drilled the hole for the wastegate in the collector, and the manifold did a partial self destruct, so now i've got it almost all back together, and I'm going to start on the wastegate tube shortly. Im going to attempt setting up backpurging, but i'm also loking into getting some solar flux.

• 1 year later...
the oil pan must be level to insure engine get oil. Oil pan is the referance for level................

Agreed. If you pull the pan on the engine youl see the pickup is directed towards the downward slant.

If you pop the hood of any car that came with a RWD SR powerplant you'l notice that ALL the engines are slightly slanted.

By the way I like how you made your engine mount a cross member instead of 2 mounts on the frame. Free chassis brace!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah thats what I ended up doing. Oil-pan level, engine slanted.

I've been in college and haven't been able to work on the car really, due to it being 300 miles away... but my dad said he might be towing it down soon. sadface. To fill the need to modify, I've been helping Justin 280zforce with his car..

Myron, when are you coming down with me to Justin's btw?

Wow. i havent been in thi swebsite in a little while. However the first thing that got my attention was THIS particular titled thread. SR20VET powered 240z. LET ALONE. the engine upgrade to SR21vet :P wow. my cousin is going sr20det on his car. but frankly i wanted to lean to something slightly different. so i leaned toward VET. ive read a few posts about um but wow you rproject seems amazing :) props for that. I hope you dont mind me asking but im really REALLY interested in getting my 240z running VET STOCK motor tough. just fo reliability. Do you have any tips on how to put the engine together or how you did it ? since those engines came fwd and awd. from what ive read.

Great project man :D cant wait to read the updates.

p.s " Or if you know any shops on SOCAL AREA that could profesionally do the swap in for me and for round what price $ would be awsome too"

Vildini motorsports in mission viejo is on hybridZ here and has a TON of experience with SR swaps. They helped me a lot with questions I had.

The thing that makes the VET different is the need for the relocated cam switching oil lines or firewall bashing. Aftermarket ems [because the dizzy on the back of the head] or a firewall bashing. or you could just set the motor way forward and higher. but then it would be sticking out of the hood, and be a poor way to go about the swap in my opinion.

Flipped intake manifold, or i guess some crazy intake piping...

and the external oil feed for the cam switch. and some sort of rpm switch to switch the cams when you want.

There's lots of little misc stuff you have to mess around with too because of the fwd head rwd block thing.

Think of it as a head swap. as thats the only ve part you really use.