HybridZ

Lost in my '77 280

Dilligas

First off, this sight is awesome! I have searched and found ALOT of information. Here is where I'm at: I purchased my '77 280z roughly 8 months ago. It's an f54 block with an n47 head and early SU(round top) carbs. The guy I got it from said he got tired of replacing injectors, their cost, on and on. Anyways, I like the sound of the sidedrafts so they are staying! Now I want more! I've done searches andfound alot of info on jets, tuning, diffs and ratios, trannys, etc., but I'm not havingany luck on a couple of things. 1) How big of a cam will the SU's support throughout the rpm range? 2) Pro's and Con's of Dellorto, Weber, or Mikuni Triples(just looking for an excuse :wink: ) 3) What is the formula for deciding the size of

your triples, is it all in the cam? 4) For approx. 250rwhp is a 3.1 the way to go or can I get there with the engine combo I have by working the head (I have three to choose from n47,e88,or p79), cam, triples and exhaust?

Thanks for any input and help

B.