HybridZ

Whole ALMS season!

Moridin

A Porsche team I've been working on and off for over the last few years has asked me to come back for the whole ALMS season this year. Its going to be exciting with all the new teams, including Rahal Letterman Racing, Acura's P2 powered cars, and the new Dyson Porsche prototype. Dont' forget the awesome Audi R10 that may be getting some competition from Puegeot's new diesel closed cockpit P1 racer.

Its going to be a 12 race year with a few races with IRL and Champ Car, including the Long Beach street race. If anyone will be anywhere near the races come and see them. I'll be working and might have a sec to give you a quick tour of the trucks or the like.

I just checked the ALMS website and the Corvette GT1 cars are on board for the season.

Now you'r really going to work you butt off! Have a great time.

Every race over the last few years seemed to pile increasing responsibilities. Now that the engineers found out I'm going to school to get a M.E. degree, its going to be even worse, not to mention the team is now the chosen Porsche team for co-development of the 997 chassis. We'll have all those funny German speaking people hanging around ;)

You going to the Long Beach race John?

I too generaly attend the Long Beach event. I'll see If I can drop by. Oh congrats on the oppertunity! I wish I was in your shoes!

PM me if you plan on stopping by. I'll see if I can talk to our crew chief about showing you guys around. He's had quite a few Z's.

Let me know if you see the new 997 Lizard car. I have yet to see it in person.

#44 was there, along with #71 and 53 (58?). There were also 3 Esperantes and according to a sheet I saw posted, the #22 Esperante was fastest in the morning session. The 997 is a lot more aggressive looking with the larget rear tire and what appears to be a much larger wing. The only P1 car was the old (and SLOW) Jean Richard car making that clas a sham this year. There were no GT1s and with only Corvette announcing a commitment, that makes GT1 also a sham. The competition will be in P2 with the Penske and Dyson Porsches, the Acuras, Field and whatever it is Mazda is coming up with. Man those Acuras make a nice nice!

#44 was there, along with #71 and 53 (58?). There were also 3 Esperantes and according to a sheet I saw posted, the #22 Esperante was fastest in the morning session. The 997 is a lot more aggressive looking with the larget rear tire and what appears to be a much larger wing. The only P1 car was the old (and SLOW) Jean Richard car making that clas a sham this year. There were no GT1s and with only Corvette announcing a commitment, that makes GT1 also a sham. The competition will be in P2 with the Penske and Dyson Porsches, the Acuras, Field and whatever it is Mazda is coming up with. Man those Acuras make a nice nice!

Audi and a few others will be at the Sebring race as far as I know.

Got a P1 question. Wasnt a rule passed to do away with the open cockpits?

In a few years. The new Peugeot diesel will be a closed cockpit. I believe this might be in response to the freak deer collision with Cristiano De Matta and a few other incidents as well.

Awesome! I hope this grows into something not only exciting, but equally lucrative for you as well. One can only hope!!

Davy

Sorry, I forgot to reply to you earlier. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm hoping the same thing as well.

I love sharing new technology and engineering with HybridZ. The more I do this, the more I can tell everyone here about it.