HybridZ

Do you have a z and does it actually run?

dr_hunt

Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?

• Don't have z yet! I must get a z, I must get a z!
    • It runs and drives, YeeeHawww!
    • No it doesn't run and I'm posting how long I've been working on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some can fall in love with the planning, engineering, design, and redesign for years without ever turning the key, that's cool, but for me, I can't stay inspired if its not running and able to drive down the road. The first was the Procharged V6 over ten years ago. Round two V8 is ultra reliable by comparison. 3.70s wating to go in this spring.

Feb 2004 - Bought...Ran....drove it 1200kms (750miles) home in 46 C (110 F) non stop and nothing but a small electrical fault :confused2 . Next day the indicators stop working. Soon the engine cuts out @ 3000rpm. FIRE.:flamedevi

IT DOES NOT RUN

18months later off comes EFI on goes carbs....Fire damage fixed.

It RUNS!

1 week later head gasket blows.

IT DOES NOT RUN

1 year later head comes off...it is screwed.

In the future (one week) I will once again return to the cave in which my Z lives (I do not have the space or time in the city to work on it) and I will not emerge until it RUNS once again. Wish me luck....I want to say I am about to go where no man has been before, but you all probably have.

I have owned ViparZ for 3 years, I have driven ViparZ for 3 months:fmad:

I am sure I will be speaking to many of you in the near future.

My 260Z runs and drives and is tagged. I plan to pull the TH350 out and install a Super T-10 four speed.

I blew the collector gaskets on the last drive about a month ago (at about 135 mph :eek: ) and I've been to busy to fix it. Procrastinating on the gaskets because the exhaust has to come off for the trans swap.

I'm ready for the trans swap now, just installed this in the shop:

100_2871.jpg

IMG%5D

clutch was slipping and tranny lost 2 and 4 on the way home from Zdayz last may. I started tearing it down in september, rebuilding the engine while I was at it, and I'm still not there. 2 full time jobs makes it tough.

Is it a 700-R4 trans? If so it sound slike the 2-4 band burnt up or if you have no reverse the sun shell broke. Both somewhat common.

Mine would idle... (installed a Haltech E6) haven't finished mapping it yet..

It is now in the barn. I had to move her while I build the 510 wagon project.. as soon as that is completed, I hope to get another shop built and start back on the Z.... I miss it :(

Mine ran great before it got taken down to do some mods to the rear end suspension, and the brakes all around. That went well so I thought I'll tear it down and paint it! That was two years ago. I get modivated and work on it alot then quit for weeks until I get the urge to drive it again. Maybe it will run next January??????

Mine was a beautiful recently restored '71 240 when I bought it, no rust and drove nice. Tore it down within two weeks of buying it and stuck it on the rotissarie to build it right and put the '26 in. Been a year and a bit and still on the rotissarie.

I bought my 73 in 1996, tore it down, painted everthing, replaces suspension bits, rebuilt and installed a 383/ th350. Drove it about 1500 miles and sold the 383 (I hated the carb & auto), bought a 96 camaro LT1 & T56 to drop in it, changed my mind (to be able to run in the SM2 scca class) and bought an l28 turbo, t3/t4, sds, intercooler, etc. Since I removed the 383 I have had 2 kids and a my wife is now a full time mom (read less income).

Damn I miss it!