HybridZ

My wife just bought a new G35!

big-phil

I just got the phone call..........not the one that "I" wanted:icon12: Its silver, auto, 17inch wheels. I tried to push her to get the 6 speed, 19inch wheels;-)

she picks it up tomorrow, they have to tint, and put the rear spoiler on. its an 06 100miles on it...$31,000 out the door. she saved by getting an 06 rather than an 07.

I'll put some picks of me standing next to it, so everyone will think its mine:icon53:

Congrats Phil. I bought my wife an '05 G35 Coupe for our tenth anniversary & her birthday, they are really close together. She & I love the car! It's 5 speed auto (you'll love manual mode- it upshifts & downshifts in a tenth of a second with the flick of your wrist), diamond graphite paint, 18" wheels w/ Nitto NT555's, & loaded (tint, nav, LSD, etc). The cockpit hugs you, the exhaust note caresses you, the looks of the car gives pedestrians whiplash & the 300 horsees get you horny;-) ! The best thing is it's a 2+2 350Z with twice the luxury. You can also do tons of mods to them. Her's has AEM intake system, Skunk2 power plenum spacer, & Greddy cat back exhaust (good for 50 additional horses). They make a twin turbo kit for these that is good for 700 whp on stock internals! Welcome to the fun of owning the 350z's handsome big brother!

They make a twin turbo kit for these that is good for 700 whp on stock internals!

I don't want to take away from the original post but I know for a fact that the 3.5L will not take 700HP on the stock internals! I don't care how good of a tuner you are. The max on that bottom end is around 450HP and even then its a ticking time bomb! Nissan didn't build the 3.5L like the old RB26!

My service writer has a 350Z that is pushing 400HP to the wheels and the original motor only lasted a week after the turbo upgrade(single). The lower end on his old motor went(#2 rod bearing went and #2 piston was pretty sloppy in the hole, and #2 piston oiler broke). He's now running forged rods and pistons @8.8:1 compression. Now he just has to get an EMS to take the stupid MAF sensor out of the loop so he can boost more than 8lbs with out making the ECM go crazy.

I personally love the 2 door G35's because they are pretty much a 350Z but with way more bells and wistles! Good purchase and as long as you don't go mod crazy(turbo/SC) you won't have any big issues with it!

Guy

(Nissan Technican)

HA HA good luck getting her to let you drive it!!

I bought my wife her 2006 G35X 4 door with everything in September with 5 miles on it and I have driven it only 3 times since!!!!!

The thing flys! the auto shift trans is way cool. Much faster than my 78 280Z..now I have to get the 76 280Z Hybrrid finished faster!!!!

In the mean time I have my daily driver 2000 Silverado Z71

Greg

Cool new wife-mobile! I tried for a long time to get a G35C for my wife. She saw the price tag and wasn't having it.

I wound up stumbling onto a hefty discount on a new VW, so we just ordered her a 2007 4 door GTI. It's more practical, and she picked the 6 speed. :-)

Guest TeamNissan
Does it have the VQ35HR? Or is it still the DE?

The G35c is one of my favorite current cars, I really dig the styling.

Mario

VQ35HR is 2007+

VQ38HR is 2008+

My fiancee got an 06 G35 sedan last November. Fantastic car and a fantastic price since the 07's were just coming out. It does have the VQ35DE (290ish HP). The car is a blast to drive, even as an automatic (and I normally dislike autos). The placement of the front shock towers makes for fantastic handling.

I also drove the 07. It is a different beast entirely. Almost feels like a muscle car in the cabin layout and power delivery. On paper it only has about 10 more HP but it is much faster (the power curve is quite a bit different). I liked it but it wasnt worth the 5K price difference over the 06 after rebates. In November the 07's were going for sticker and not a penny less -- and they still couldnt keep them on the lot.

- Greg -

Congrates. Wish my g/f would get another car. I would get one for "her" (she would never be driving :D), but she would kill me. I alreay have too many.

On another note. How come nissan aren't engineering anymore L6 engines. Seems strange since from looking at past engines, the L6 is capable of handling more power, than the v6 from a engineering stand point.

Probably wrong in my thought process. Would like to know if I am.

On another note. How come nissan aren't engineering anymore L6 engines. Seems strange since from looking at past engines, the L6 is capable of handling more power, than the v6 from a engineering stand point.

Probably because a big I6 wouldnt work in a FWD application. Sad truth is most cars built today are FWD. For a big RWD application, you may as well just go V8. Car manufacturers are also more likely to go with an engine that can be dropped into multiple applications.

- Greg -