HybridZ

Aziza z update. ITs painted candy apple red.

v8260

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the comments guys. The front was blended in by first welding in the "indents" where the bumpers use to go (did the floor pans and frame rails at the same time).

IMG_0100-1.jpg

It was as close to flush as i could get it with metal. At first i thought "why dont i just leave it like that with the line. Its pretty damn close. But i went though with it anyway and theres fiberglass on top of that.

As far as flex. Ive pushed against the airdam after it had dried and rather than crack the whole fender goes out. so im pretty sure it wont crack unless i hit something.

The headlights are called autoniks. They are $200 a pair.

The wheels are 17 x 7.5" tires are 225/24/17 and the suspension is: Msa front and sway bars, illumina 5 way adjustables, and azc spring. THe ride is pretty stiff but i like it and im young so i can take it haha. (im 18 btw:))

As far as the black trim. its ppg black for the most part. the Window trim was left out and i have to admit that it sucks when it gets dirty. I wanted black trim to offset the candy red.

Btw its candy apple red for those who asked what color it is.

glad to se that everyone likes it. I feel that the car is either one that u really really like or u really hate (ive already heard that i killed a datsun) but then again im the one drivign and i like. I think thats all that matters. also its pretty funny how my freands use to make fun of the car but now that its painted everyone wants a ride. The car was pretty bad thou. I went to over 20 body shops in one week getting rejected by all of them. and those of them who would do it said something between $6000 and $14,000. Im not going to do that. so i figure u cant really make it worse so i started it myself and hired some amigos who knew what they were doing to help me out since im young (18) and dont want to mess up to badly. It ended up costing me $3000.00 including paint and everything so i cant really complain. It did take me 4 monthes thou.

Now what ever i saved on paint will go into the ls1 haha. :fmad:

Beautiful job. I love the smooth look and the color. If you are careful your one piece front end can last. My brother had his done 20 years ago and it is still solid. It saw daily commuting over the Santa Cruz mountains and quite a few track days and is holding up fine. The body shop guys took bets on how soon he would be back with a cracked airdam but it never happened. I almost put the airdam into a parking curb once so be selective in who you let drive it!

Laguna.jpg

Whered you buy them? Can't find an online store that sells them.

- Greg -

http://www.yogisinc.com/Detail.cfm/-/Product_CD=9001C/product.htm

thats where i got them from. But a little something i didnt like is that it isnt glass. its plastic. so any rock or anything that hits it that light will be history. Im looking for a sheild currently.

Lookin' AWESOME Masew!!! I think you did an unbelievable job.

You better bring it to MSA this year...or else...:)

ill be there for sure. i was there last year but honestly it was a disaster so i wasnt anywhere near the car. Theres a pic of it at msa (the pic is on azizas myspace) next to this really really nice red z which had to park right next to my primer piece of :flamedevi:flamedevi:flamedevi:flamedevi.

oh well. Ill be at MSA for sure thou.

thats where i got them from. But a little something i didnt like is that it isnt glass. its plastic. so any rock or anything that hits it that light will be history. Im looking for a sheild currently.

Cool.. thanks for the link.

Thats a bummer they arent glass, especially for that price. The integrated signal is really cool, though.

As for protectors, check out www.griotsgarage.com. They have some super thick clear 3M film that you cut to size.

- Greg -

Cool.. thanks for the link.

Thats a bummer they arent glass, especially for that price. The integrated signal is really cool, though.

As for protectors, check out www.griotsgarage.com. They have some super thick clear 3M film that you cut to size.

- Greg -

yea its kinda weird. You would think that for that price they could at least make it glass. Never the less the headlights really did the trick sence i took out the 280z lights and cut the brackets that use to hold the lights. Looks cleaner to me. All that its missing i think is an intercooler maybe haha(turbo ls1 anyone? haha). Thanks for the link btw. Im going to get it from them.

Btw i just installed a used autometer procomp tach. It works and all but right now its caliberated to an 8cyl. I saw two wires an orange and a brown one in the back and i was told by a freand i need to cut one to calberate it to a 6 cyl. But ive done some searching and googiling and came up with nothing. can anyone lead me in the right direction on which wire to cut to get this tach to give me the right rpm?

hey great job, if there are flaws they don't show. I have a 81 that I am changing the interior to black from red, I was planning on going to the new burnt orange that is on the new 350 z's but now that I seen your red it looks great. I quess thats the beauty of having a black interior , you have options. Looks great , keep up the good work .later bob

Fantastic color...fantastic work...considering you and your friends did the work I am thoroughlly impressed. I have done lots of body shop work and can atest that it is "Hard Work", takes time and is true test of patience.

Great color choice and the Konigs look sharp on it.

Whoever said you killed a Datsun are idiots! More like you saved one!

Congrats bro - hope to see you at MSA this year!

Yasin