HybridZ

zx "pillar?" cover

V8_DatZun

Ok my front fender flare idea SUX, it looked much better without them. Could ya do an animated from the original to the previous version without the front fender flares. That animation is really nice

You mean without the Stringray-ish wedge but with the fender lips... or without?

BTW, I somewhat followed the early 60's Stringray front fenders. Of course the later ones are very different.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately without the stingrayish wedge, hard call on the fender lips. I think without the lips in the front is missing something, but the back looks good without them, and I'm not sure it would look right with lips up front when theres none in the back. Could you try it either way, and others can decide.

You need to document some of this, If Nissan comes out with a revival 280zx, you want proof it was done here first :)

Flip a coin... but no "best 2/3". Only one flip per "decision"... because then you'll try 3/5... 4/7... 5/9... makes it hard to make up your flipping mind.

EDIT: Tweaked some more...

davidk-colors10.jpg

Got hold of a copy of the 280ZX design book, will scan a few pages if possible in a new topic. You all may be surprised at the options the designers considered, quarter windows of some sort would be essential for safety so thats a given, hidden door handles are gay IMHO, round tailights were on the list of options considered, truly :twisted:

Yer lucky Pilgrum... I wuz about ta' draw my six-shooter and fill yer avatar full o' holes... wah, hah, hah...:mrgreen:

... a six-shooter... maybe that will be my new avatar.

ok im back in town.. you're right about it not looking right in the front without the lip... and then the back doesnt look right if the front has the lip.. hmmm so now i have to add that lip in when i design my fenders.. kinda was wanting to get away w/o that. ah well.. this has been a GREAT ZX body design thread.. some really great ideas here. and some artistic work also. (you two know who you are)