HybridZ

Holy freakin snow/crazyness :)

datsunlover

So it hasn't stopped snowing for about 7 days in a row here.. I have 5 feet of snow bank on either side of my driveway, and there have been something like 2000 accidents reported in the region in the last 3 days. :shock: School was closed yesterday, and maybe half my class showed up today.. (some guys drive in from almost 2 hours away, and thats on a GOOD day!) I'm 5 minits from the school, and aside from not having any more space to throw snow from my driveway, I'm doing ok I guess..

So tonite me and the girlfriend are out for a coffee, and as I roll to a stop sign, I see a truck up ahead stuck in the snowbank across from his own driveway. (he was pulling it out to swap vehicles around) The whole passenger side of this full size TWO wheel drive chev is right in the bank, witch is about 3' tall., and I can't see his right tail light. As I pull up, he's taking a run up the driveway in his minivan and smashes it into the porch of the house..:redface: (driveway is a steep slope too) So I ask him where he wants the truck.. :twisted:

Small irony here; the street is named 'Easy' and it is actually quite a steep incline.. and covered in 6" of slush and snow. :lol:

Anyway, I hook up my 'big stupid chain' which has links about 4"x2" around, and is 20 feet long, and throw the truck in 4 low. The guy doesn't think I'll even budge him, but I'm not woried; First try was a dead pull, and I spun all 6 tires (wow.. does a 454 dually ever throw a rooster tail of crap!) So I slackened the chain and gave him a little whip, which broke him free, but he was still in the bank with the rear tires (stinking 2wd...) So I simply drove up the street about 4 car lenghts. :burnout: and dragged him into the middle of the road. Muhahaha..

Here's the crazy part; He stops, I reverse slightly (to slacken the chain) and get out. He puts the truck in park and gets out.. and HIS TRUCK STARTS ROLLING BACK!!!! takes me a second to realize.. BANG!! My truck moves about 6" and holds... WTF?!? Guy check's.. yup, it's in park.. what the hell?!?! At this point, his daughter comes out freaking out, screaming and yelling at him (it's her boyfriends truck apparently!) saying he's going to wreck the truck, yada yada.. :willy_nil I felt like I was on some cheazy talk show or something.. Anyway, my guess is the park pin is sheared off or something, so I had to get him to stay in his truck holding the brakes while I backed up again and jumped out to remove the chain. All in all an interesting night.. The guy offered me a cold beer, but I said no thanks. I didn't charge him any $$$ or anything.. looks like he's got enough problems with a crazy daughter, and a smacked up minivan/porch!

Nah... I'm no ca-sonova. So no need for envy. Plenty of babes to keep me warm here though. And thanks for the compliment.

Shiver... shiver... shiver................. shiver... heh, heh [rubs already warm hands together in evil laughing clench]

Well hey now.. Maybe that's WHY I'm nuts.. :lol: It actually stoped snowing today.. (FINALLY got to take the truck out of 4 wheel drive.. man does it suck the gas!) but only for about 8 hours, and it's back to it again. I have to find my digicam to take a few pics of my driveway, and around town.. It's crazy.. Apparently they're calling for another 2 feet of something stupid.. :shock: I think Barrie is almost as bad as here (I'm only 40 mins north) BUT I have a plan; I'm going to put a snowblower in the back of my truck, and drive south. I will continue driving south until someone points at it and says "Hey.. what the heck it that thing?!?" and THAT is where I will live... :icon44: