HybridZ

The Primadonna Z Story - 56K

primadonna z

Very inspiring to know these cars came from a dream and determination. The work that was completed in a parking lot should inspire many more.

Thanks for the history and the great photos.

If it wasn't for the cars, Jack would probably go down in history for what he got away with in that Apartment Complex parking lot.

We were talking about it the other night, and laughing. Jack said "nobody ever bothered me, one guy even brought me a case of sand paper".

Today if you were to yank the dog house off your car in a complex parking lot, they would probably call the SWAT team.

So how many Primadonna Z kits were produced and sold?

It is hard for me to grasp how ahead of the times you guys were w/ those cars. Unbeliveable! Very nice!

I like that front valance, maybe I can create a non-wide body version w/ oval signals instead of square. You guys are still inspiring!!!

So how many Primadonna Z kits were produced and sold?

It is hard for me to grasp how ahead of the times you guys were w/ those cars. Unbeliveable! Very nice!

I like that front valance, maybe I can create a non-wide body version w/ oval signals instead of square. You guys are still inspiring!!!

There were a total of 3 S30's built (red, Black, white). In the last year Jack has built the Primadonna Z32 convertible. This car is not available for production, again Jack just wanted something different. Jack has the desire to build a coupe, and we are discussing building a Twin Turbo for the launch of a new website that Carless, and I are working on called ZSUPERCARS.COM. I am attempting to put together the money, and secure a car for this project as we speak.

As you can imagine the time, and cost associated with building any widebody car is immense. The body panel cost is nothing compared to the project cost. Total commitment is required (time,resources,$$) to any project of this magnitude. How many kit cars do you see available today that are unfinished, or at best slapped together awaiting someone else to finish.

I have one, a Manta Mirage. Big V8 sitting mid-ship in a tube chassis. I bought it a couple years ago, and it's so close to being done. But everyday I think about selling it. Life has gotten in the way, my priorities are changing, the dream is fading. If I could just fire the thing up, and grab a couple gears, square of a corner things might be different.

I have so much respect for those undertaking the IMSA widebody conversions on this site. They deserve all of the support we can offer, their task is daunting.

As for anymore Primadonna S30's, the molds are no more. Hopefully the remaining cars will survive to carry on the legacy. I suspect that we'll see at least 1 more Z32, possibly 2. Jack's a hardhead, and when he sets his mind to something look out. From there......who knows?

Any questions??

Where did you mannage to get those rims? When i go to japan my uncles friends that have bosozuku cars run crazy ass lips and offsets one of the 240zg's i saw out there ran 14X10 i was like omg... and it had what looked to be a freakin -541165116161 offset.... can you point me in the right direction for deep dish wheels like the mesh ones you had on your z?

I dont see much difference with the Primadonna? Large excessive wings and bodywork, etc. Whats the difference?

The Primadonna is powered by a high strung Chevy V8 and it has a lot of modifications to match a race car, which it basically is. I have seen the white one in person and I can tell you it is a serious machine, not just a bunch of fiberglass cladding on a stock vehicle. Funny, but no one seems to make a remark about a Porsche getting the treatment...well, the Z, these in particular, are worthy of the flares, wheels, tires, wings, etc, and have the power & performance to pull it off well. Just my $.02

Davy

Ahhh, I thought one was an L6, my fault. Now i get it, dont get me wrong, I like them, esociailly the windshield treatment.

Not jumping on you. I know they are "extreme" in just about every sense of the word, but they back it up--that is what makes them different than the bulk of ricers. Also, the extensive amount of bodywork and fabrication brings the car into a near complete transformation, but the Honda, well, you know...

Davy

I actually like the flares on that car, the spoilers and hood/fascia are what kill it for me. I'll bet that Honda still has the single cam in it, and it's NA based on the angle/location of the filter that's sticking through the hood. Probably a knock of of the DC sports short ram intake.

I've always liked the Prima Z's. Back when they were done the style was similar to 935's and other early GTP cars. That pic of the Honda is a joke, especially the angled plate. It looks as though is should be on the cartoon the Jetsons. I'm sure the wings on the P Z's were more for looks, similar to Countach's, but the body style is far from ricey.

The black one looks like it has Pantera tail lights. Anyone know what they were from?

I also saw the flared Z32 at MSA last year. Took a few pics of it.

It looks really nice.

Personally I don't make fun of "rice" that has mody bodifications with performance truly in mind. It's the wing on the otherwise stock car I don't like (or worse yet, a FWD car that's stock).

One of my favorite examples of rice is a car semi well known here in the bay. It's a focus that has a chopped mustang hood, fenders, head lights, tail lights, bumpers, trunk, ect. So it looks like a minimustang. Very ricey imo. Aero modification without thought...

What I do like is form following function. Not form trying to change funciton.

I'm not a huge fan of the front spoiler sticking out on one of the primadonnas, but I can understand the need.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the history lesson. Hopefully people will continue being as inovative with the Z cars (few other chassis can boast like the S30, just looking around here on HZ I know that I hang out around champions of custom engineering).