HybridZ

How many cars do you need?

MOTORHEAD427

I`ve been thinking about this for a while and here`s my conclusion:

Every man needs 4 vehicles:

1- A very comfortable sedan like a Cadillac or a Mercedes S class to drive to work in traffic or long trips.

2- An affordable yet stylish classic sports car which you can upgrade without spending a lot of money. A Z car or an early fastback Mustang will do. You should work on this car yourself! and you should replace it every year or so with another. A track car is a bonus!

3- An affordable roadster. M roadsters are great but they just cost too much. Maybe a C4 Corvette roadster.

4- A truck. Doesn`t matter what kind/color etc. As long as it`s dependable and carries your #$%& around. And you should keep this truck forever!!!

Now, if only I had a 4 car garage. 3 for my cars and 1 for the wife`s car.

I`d park the truck outside...:)

So, how many cars do you need???

ERIC

6 at least. LOL at least i'm down from the 10 I had before I got married. haha

I have my

98 laid out Crew Cab Dually (chevy)(pimp truck)

72 240Z (my mistress)

82 280zx (the beater)

91 Isuzu Amigo (got to have a show truck)

99 BMW Convertable, something the wife can drive when hers expedition is being worked on

95 laid out Full Size Chevy (something to work on when i'm waiting on parts for other rides)

Thanks

Phil

http://www.lowdowncustom.com

I'd say 5 would be ok for me..

The Z (obviously)

A nice 4 door sedan like a BMW or and Audi A8 for road trips/ect

Full size truck, 4x4 (though my current 1 ton dually is a bit of overkill..)

An SUV for winter driving/camping/ect (Durango or Yukon perhaps..)

A small car with a big motor, just for having big dumb fun. :) (Like say, an rx7 with a 350..:wink: )

This would also require a 4 car shop.. and a decent size driveway.. (truck and suv can live outside) But hey, I'm 3 out of 5 already!

in order of importance

(1)large 4 door (preferably 4x4)truck (daily parts chasing/ hunting/furniture moves/ shopping)

(2)a corvette/ or similar hotrod to play with (modify, waste money on and relax with)

(3)caddy/buick/lincoln to take trips (the first two COULD be used for this in some cases)

I would like to have three cars..

the baby- lotus esprit twin turbo

My Z32 TT to drive on nice days

an all wheel drive luxury car- Mabie a Volvo S80 (New one with optional V8 and the aero package)

I don't need a truck to take up space. I can just borrow one if i need it.

I need either a VIP style sedan or wagon. If sedan, I'd go for a GS 300 or 400 with some Volk GT-N wheels on it. If wagon, I'd love to have a Stagea wagon with some Advan SA3-R wheels on it. That would keep me from needing a truck (I don't have much use for trucks, personally). Then I would need whatever my wife was going to drive every day (right now it's a G35 sedan, and she loves it). And then I'd like my Z. And maybe a 1970 Boss Mustang. Grabber blue.

My needs would be filled when I purchase the Porsche...

My inventory as of now:

1976 Datsun 280Z Track Car

2004 Dodge Cummins Diesel quadcab 4X4 (Equipped with Loadhog Dump Bed.)

1997 BMW 328is with 16inch ASA Five stars.

2006 24ft. enclosed Haulmark Trailer

I also have:

2002 Yamaha WR250 Dirt Bike

1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Street Bike

Now if I could just find the right Porsche...

Mike

Mike sell everything and buy a 997 GT3 RS. The only car you need. Drive to work everyday in it then drive to the track and kill everything! Go on a weekend trip, whatever.

Or if you live in a snow area get the 997 AWD Turbo.

My point is if you can afford it you only need one car that does everything it's the 997 GT3 or 997 AWD Turbo.

What I have:

97 E350 Powerstroke diesel (selling)

04 24' enclosed trailer (selling)

04 Formula Race Car (selling)

91 240sx (might be selling)

02 Jetta 1.8 turbo with coilovers/swaybars (wifes car, yes with coilovers) :)

73 240z

As you can see I am selling everything except the z (don't think I can ever sell it) and going to one car that does it all. Meaning track and DD. If I could afford it, it would be the 997 GT3. I can't even afford the 996 GT3. So right now I have no clue what I am going to get. Will just drive the 240z and save.

If you have one NICE car you don't need a big garage.

Less headaches, just maintain one car.

You don't need a truck to pull a race trailer just drive it to the track like they did in the good old PCA days. Now everyone has a rig. ♥♥♥♥ that.

You don't need a truck to pickup rolling chassis and stuff.

Get faster because you drive it everyday vs the track car 2 weekends a month if you are lucky.

My list:

70' Chevy Monte Carlo

73' Dats/Chevy 240z

87' Toyota desert truck W 07' Carson trailer

93' Ford work van

05' Toyota Tacoma

Bikes

91' KLR250

00' Suzuki DRZ400S

03' Yamaha YZ250F

00' Polaris Octane jet ski

YES I'm a Bachelor!

I need to move! I'm out of storage space the Tacoma, Monte & bikes are in a 3 car garage. the desert truck is on the trailer in the driveway next to the work van & the Z is on the street.

Once stranded at the track, and I've been there a time or three, You'll kick yourself for not having the extra vehicles... I'll pass on the 997 GT3, thanks. :2thumbs:

Mike

I see your point but accidents happen on or off track. You could total your truck, trailer, and race car in one fail $woop. Your truck could die when you are the furthest from home. Leaving you stranded with not 1 but 3 vehicles stranded. I have towed to lot's of tracks with VIR and Grattan being my longest hauls, done alone btw. I can say hands down the towing part is far more dangerous than the actual racing.

The only plus about towing is:

1) you can stop at a truck stop and jump out back and take a nap then back on the road. Saves you some money and time. Right back on the HWY in seconds!

2) you can sleep in the van or trailer at the track. Saved me a ton of money. But throw a tent in the GT3 and you are set, that's my plan, well the tent not the GT3 :)

3)You can take the garage with you. I admit you can't beat this. I plan on having a really small trailer to hold a set of tires, tool box, and pop tent that's all you need.

I am just sick of all the vehicles, maintance, towing, blah, blah! For me I am scaling back. I know it's not for everyone just giving my experience. I also like spending other peoples money. Get a GT3. lol :D

Really if you have the money and space the more the better. I don't have either. :(

I am starting to feel the pressure with the birth of my son. I have already traded in my wife's Acura CL S-type for a 06 4 runner. That takes care of the picking up baby from daycare and other baby projects. But I have a little problem. None of my cars are "baby safe". Meaning car seat.

I have

1 72 240z

1 03 350z

and 1 65 Mustang. It as a back seat but no seatbelts. I personally cant pick my kid up from daycare in any of my cars except in my wife's 4 runner. Something has to go or add another car to the mix. I personally been wanting a Datsun 2000 roadster. But that is a 2 seater also. Lol.