Had to post our SBF project

er34gtt2000jp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting an update in a while......

Since my last post we finished the cage (what a joy that was!), we also started the fuel system and real hatch area mods. We also finished the steering mods and welded in our new engine cross member.

Here are some new photos for you all to take a gander at.

IMG_1050_thumb.jpg

IMG_1062_thumb.jpg

IMG_1063_thumb.jpg

IMG_1065_thumb.jpg

IMG_1066_thumb.jpg

WOOOW great progress and love every detail about your car.....man you are giving me bad bad bad ideas about getting a 8.8 at the back of my ride instead of the R200, shortened to be able to stick 15x10's with nice BFGoodrich 275/60-15s :)

BTW, i'm really interested in your engine mount, is it possible to tell me where to get one from, or a chart with the dimensions so i can fabricate one.

great job and can't wait to see the finished projects. :)

thanks

BTW, i'm really interested in your engine mount, is it possible to tell me where to get one from, or a chart with the dimensions so i can fabricate one.

great job and can't wait to see the finished projects. :)

thanks

Thanks man, we have been working our tails off on this thing. Even though it is going to be a track only car, I still want it to look good.

As for the cross member, we built it ourselves. We were heavily influenced by some of the other SBF projects though. We just hung the motor in the hole and started cutting and fitting until we had a cross member. Took a couple hours.

I will have some more photos in a few.

Guest 302 ZED

Don’t worry about the light coloured engine bay – most of the race cars out here are painted white inside because it is good to spot leaks and any stress cracks show up nice and early.

Looks like you had to cut up the firewall a bit to get the SBF sitting that low and far back – well done good placement of heavy components will make a better race car.

Don’t worry about the light coloured engine bay – most of the race cars out here are painted white inside because it is good to spot leaks and any stress cracks show up nice and early.

Looks like you had to cut up the firewall a bit to get the SBF sitting that low and far back – well done good placement of heavy components will make a better race car.

That was our thoughts exactly! I got the idea from a NASCAR race I went to and the engine bay was grey, though it looks clean so off to the home center for some grey Rustolium.

The firewall actually did not need to be cut for motor clearance, there was some rust in the fender well under the battery tray that ended up taking out a 18' section of the firewall.

We just started the bodywork, we decided to fabricate a new rear roll pan because ours was soooooooo bad. I will post some more pics soon.