HybridZ

280ZX V8 swap

i got your PM.. i'd suggest you buy the JTR book.. dont know if they have one for the ZX yet but the one for the z's is helpful still.. http://www.jagsthatrun.com they have radiator... mounts... alot of things you will need. as far as wiring.. find a wire that is hot when your key switch is on.. splice into it.. (thick gauge wire that is hot w/ignition on) belive i used white/black stripe wire.. that goes to distributor. fuel pump is wired to a pressure switch for a 78-80? dodge omni or a chevrolet monza... if you go to the auto parts and say you need a 3 prong oil pressure switch they can hook you up. try to get 1/8 thread as you will have to add 1/8 adapters and T so you can use the oil pressure sending unit and the oil pressure switch. splice into (mine is a green and i think black stripped wire) the fuel pump wire and put both ends going to the oil pressure switch.. the prongs that are opposite of each other far as alternator i have no idea.. used a one wire alternator.. any more info feel free to ask.

I have an LT1 in my 80' 280ZX. First off how good are you at reading wiring diagrams? If you can do that then modifing a stock harness is really pretty easy. Just delete what you don't need and feed power and ground to the rest.

The JTR book wont really give you any info on what to do step by step but it does give you the "theory" behind the V8 swap. I didn't use it for my swap(I do have a manual though...).

Guy