HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

Senior Financial Analyst for an avionics company. Started out as a waiter/bartender then mechanic for 2 years then went to Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA for my B.S in Finance. Worked for Toyota's corporate office for 5 years as a Pricing Analyst and Financial Planner. Next worked for Mazda's corporate office for 3+ years as a Financial Analyst...bringing me to my current job.

Mark,

When I complete my B.S. in Finance this summer I was planning on applying at both companies. How did you like your time with each?

Electrical Engineer here. Spent twenty years with Philips Consumer Electronics (Magnavox) designing deflection and high voltage circuits for television sets. Before that I was an electronics technician. After my Philips tenure, I went back to school to finish my Master’s and then spent a year doing R&D in Oak Ridge,TN at a company that designed electric motors for hybrid cars. They were hoping to get a contract from Ford (never did, so..).

Presently designing power supplies for Adtran, a telecommunications company. Looking forward to an early retirement.

I hold four patents (3 US and one international).

I enjoy tinkering with cars and it’s a nice diversion from all the electronics I have to deal with.

What a cool thread!!!

I have a diploma in "Welding and Joining Technology"

I am also a ME student now...

When I'm at home I work as a:

Pizza delivery driver, pizza cook(throwing dough,making subs, food prep...), assistant in a breakfast resturant, and do most of the mundane little jobs...

I'm good at Solidworks and Autocad and looking for a better job this summer designing stuff. Maybe I'll go into business for my self and build cool car stuff...

Maybe I'll start building engines and doing hybrid swaps in my garage!

ummm, the cops here use anything for undercover, honduhs, nissans fords, mazdas, anything to look normal, ill make anything a cop car, no problem, and the average idiot would never know. and the pix, well our boss is very easy going, he likes the pix. but if the city councellors come thru, we put white paper up to cover the ladies of the bay. its pretty cool, my bro is the other person working in the outfit bay with me, and we got the tunes cranked all day long by ourselves.

hmmmm i knew there were a lot of mechanical and elecrical engineers on here.... to many nice cars taken apart LOL

i cant begin to tell how many jobs ive had so ill just hit the basic ones

started with the Navy for 4 years in San Diego,

sears in anaheim led to sears in Portland, OR,

located underground utilities for awhile,

Hotel front desk/night auditor

manager of furniture store,

manager of Gamecrazy/Hollywood video

moved back to Oklahoma to go to school... 6th year/part time

currently 4 years at local Hampton Inn...front desk/night auditor while im in school

also part time with a friend running a dump truck and back hoe.

I think it would be fun to outfit blue and red lights into the front grill of a Z. Add a siren, and use one of those red revolving lights that sticks on your roof with a magnet. Even better if it's a Black Z, with no plates, and black tinted windows.

If you want to remain majorly under-cover, just put cheap wal-mart spinners on any cop car. That's the easy way to tell a cop crown-vic in the US, the rims.

My resume is quite boring compared to most of you.

I own/operate a carpet cleaning business.Father started it in 1981,I started after graduation in 1991, family run till 2004. now its just Me,Myself & I.

I should've worked for the City ie. Firefighter,anything that provides a pension.I could have continued cleaning on the side.

I'm sixteen years in.. if this was a Gov. Job I cound Retire by the time I reach 40. Don't get me wrong though, working for yourself definetly has its advantages.

09-29-2005 07;48;47AM_thumb.JPG

Test and Balance Technician

Did 6 years as a Submarine Machinist Mate (Nuclear) in the Navy, now it's finally paying off.

Like everyone else here, I'm hoping to finish up a ME degree. Maybe I should rethink that? Apparently the market is flooded...

I am self employed. I have an online Sports Nutrition company and also drive traffic most of the Fortune 500 companies. I used to manage a delivery company and did this on the side, but once I tripled my income on 1/4 of the time, I decided that I couldn't justify 40 hrs a week on the little I was getting paid. :) I now have franchises in 15 states, will run over $1m in volume and the PowerWave is here! Should see the industry ten fold in the next 3-4 years. It's cool to get paid for the work I did years ago and I get coaching and mentorship from some of the wealthiest guys in the country! The future looks very bright!! :)

^^^ Envious here... but very happy to see you succeed!! ^^^

Thanks! It's crazy that we are growing so quickly and have the technology side of things dialed in, just hard finding quality people with a good work ethic and common sense to bring on in markets across the country, those who are looking to diversify and do something where they have equity/ownership. Employees are "a dime a dozen", but finding those with business owner/management mentality, who want to make some money and get ahead is tough. Like any company, odds of success goes up when you surround yourself with quality people. We just spend time finding them and go from there. I am very fortunate and am always willing to help those who are looking to improve their quality of life and want to spend more time with family. While many are working harder & longer to just stay afloat, it's nice to be around people who are moving ahead and prospering. Definitely "rare air" and it's quite refreshing.

Just like this group, it's great to have access to great folks with common goals and interests! Hammer down! :)

People are curious about me:

I am leader of a secret ninja force. I train monkeys that compose our primary force to overthrow the "Man"...

uhhh wait uhum:

I think I heard a story about one of your monkeys. A guy I used to work with told me (with a straight face) that one of his friends was a cop in NYC and that they went to bust this drug dealers house. Well turns out this guy had a pet monkey that he had apparently trained to throw knives at anybody that tried to break in. The cops didn't know what to do because they were afraid that they would get in trouble for shooting it. I doubt any of this is true but the mental picture in my head of a small monkey with two bandoliers on filled with tiny throwing knives still makes me laugh.

Telephone tech. for 10 years. The last six have been has a government contractor living in Italy.