HybridZ

My Project: 800HP (Crank) RB26DETT 1998 240SX

underground

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, Andy began finishing out the fuel system, which should be done today.

RB26Buildup084.jpg

Up Next was the Exedy Triple Disc Clutch, special thanks to the team at Exedy for their support over the years.

RB26Buildup085.jpg

RB26Buildup086.jpg

RB26Buildup087.jpg

RB26Buildup088.jpg

Ran the -12 AN Lines from Desynz Motorsports Oil Return Mod from the back of the head to the oilpan, as seen in the following two photos.

RB26Buildup091.jpg

RB26Buildup089.jpg

Finished the lines to the cooler, so that mission is completed.

RB26Buildup090.jpg

No, It's the Garrett 2860R-5.....(Direct Bolt-on, with no modification required. Has EXTREMELY similiar specs to the HKS 2530, and is probably the new trend for GTR Turbo Upgrades for the guys that want to stay twin)

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT28/GT2860R_707160_5.htm

The 2860RS is commonly known as the Disco Potato Turbo, and is a different turbo.

P.S.- No, I'm far from just the guy that writes the checks (although I do own the car, and yes I do right many check for PARTS, ha!), and i have HUNDREDS of hours wrenching on this car over the past four years.

That is truly a work of f*cking art. And all those mag covers?

dude, i didn't even get that far in NFS: Underground, lmao

keep up the good work, and I'm glad to know that you work on it yourself, too many people do too little with their cars.

A shot of the finished oil cooler assembly:

RB26Buildup093.jpg

McKinney Motorsports Race Motor Mount Kit, Tranny Mount, and Driveshaft

RB26Buildup094.jpg

RB26Buildup095.jpg

RB26Buildup096.jpg

Everything on the bottom fitted up nice and snug:

RB26Buildup097.jpg

Step-by-step Photo Guide:

Greddy RB26DETT manifold, adapted to run twin-scroll and the Tial Sport 60mm wastegate.

The wastegate had to be moved to fit into the 240SX engine bay.

RB26Buildup100.jpg

RB26Buildup115.jpg

RB26Buildup098.jpg

RB26Buildup099.jpg

RB26Buildup101.jpg

RB26Buildup102.jpg

RB26Buildup103.jpg

RB26Buildup104.jpg

RB26Buildup105.jpg

RB26Buildup106.jpg

RB26Buildup107.jpg

RB26Buildup108.jpg

RB26Buildup109.jpg

RB26Buildup110.jpg

RB26Buildup111.jpg

RB26Buildup112.jpg

RB26Buildup113.jpg

RB26Buildup114.jpg

RB26Buildup116.jpg

RB26Buildup117.jpg

RB26Buildup118.jpg

RB26Buildup119.jpg

Nice job on the Manifold mod.!! Thats prolly what it would take to be able to use that Manifold in a S30 Z car...

Your car is coming along awesome like... :D Great job!!

Not even close joel im using the same manifold in mine. just need to be shortened up a bit and it fits great. Maybe one day i will be able to take pics of the finished project:cuss:

• 3 weeks later...

Monday Night, Andy and I worked til 2 a.m. @ Southern Imports to get the motor running.

When we attached the AEM EMS ECU, it started first crank with the AEM supplied base map.

I was very impressed with how simple the box is to use, and I want to thank Sean Morris for taking my phone call late at night to confirm we had the configurations setup accurately.

We still have lots of work left to be done, and these are, by no means, final images.

As you can see, there are aftermarket gauge sensors that need to be hooked up. The boost controller is not installed, the intake for the turbo still needs to be ordered, downpipe has not been fabricated, and the upper intercooler piping has not been polished.

But the motor runs, and that's a success in itself.

Yesterday, I transported the car to Texas, and will be finishing up the car here.

Once again, thanks to Andy Vaughn @ Southern Imports in Murfreesboro, TN. He, by himself, built 95% of the car that you are fixing to see. He is a amazing fabricator, engine builder, and friend. Thanks again Andy!

Here are the images and the start-up video:

RB26Buildup120.jpg

RB26Buildup121.jpg

RB26Buildup122.jpg

RB26Buildup123.jpg

th_RB26starupvid.jpg

We now have everything finished with the motor minus the installation of the new 24x12x4 intercooler that arrived today.

I want to thanks Matchless Performance (Addison, TX) for the fabrication of the downpipe, which came out better than I would have ever imagined. The welds are amazing, and extremely clean.

Here are the latest images:

RB26Buildup126.jpg

RB26Buildup124.jpg

RB26Buildup125.jpg

While I still have the interior to finish off, here are the completed exterior shots.

This 240SX has been four years in the making, with 30 corporate sponsors on the stage II build.

I want to give a special thanks to Andy Vaughn @ Southern Imports, and Chris Hamilton (tuner) for their work on the vehicle.

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01207.jpg