HybridZ

Thinking about changing to haltec

stony

Hey Stoney! How much is that Halltech? Is it really that cheaper then one MoTec? You know that later with MoTec or Wlabro TDD you have posibilitty of 2 maps, reverse telemetry and sucha stuff? Does that HallTech or Wolf have that posibilitys? I dont know so am i asking. ^^

I know for MoTec and Walbro TDD that they have all high-tech stuff that is comonly used on WRC and F1. If is really much cheaper Haltech or Wolf i would like to know more about those products.

Best regards Pascal

Yea from what I have seen haltech is about 1/2 the price of motec for the complete setup what you need to run. Motec is very hi tech and has lots of options.... options that I really don’t need or want. All I want to be able to do is tune and data log egt, A/F ratio, booste, TP, you know the basics. haltech does it. Requires little or no fabrication to install. It uses the cam sensor for timing and works with all the stock sensors. I'm going to use there sensor kit if I install it to get rid of the older sensors. All that needs to be done there is drill and retap holes fro different sensors. So there you go that’s why I want to change.

BTW the main reason I was going to change was I was leaving the area where the HKS pro tuner was and I was possibly going somewhere there was no tuner available. That has since changed since I posted this thread and i'm going to stick with the HKS Vpro fro now.

Clint,

You look into the TEC 3? I'm still leaning towards that on my L28ET. I sent Matt an email a while back to ask his opinion and no reply...

Yes i have that is second in line after haltech... just due to ease of instalation

Oh! Okay! i got idea Stoney ^_^

i am happy to see that beast running. Mine is still not running but David helping me tough. I am having issue with that damn stock ECM(TCM). Cant make it work. With Walbro TDD no problem, with MoTec no problem, did it also test and pull out 461 rear wheel's HP. But this stock one does not want to work and i really wanna do test for difference to see how much really count stand-alone ECU. Does not want to give impulse on injectors. I am happy that you dont have those problems.

Best regards Pascal