HybridZ

shipping problems

riverz

Well guys I am back form germany after three years. Shipped my car here from germany and it got really messed up all the radio, speakers, and amps out of the car. They also ripped the brand new carpet in half and trunk deck so when look in the hatch window you see the spare tire. They also over reved the motor, blowing out the water pump gasket and totally screwed up the valve adjustments. So be very careful when you ship anything over seas. I hate people who feel that they need your stuff more then you do. All in all they tok about 600 euro worth of sutff and I haven't been able to find the trunk deck for a 2+2. On another note they want me to pay taxes on my jeep since it has never been to the states before. sorry for the rant.

I am going to have to sue them. for the replacement costs. Also Does anybody know where I can get a rear deck for a 2+2, the part that the carpet sits on. If anyone can help please let me know thanks. Is the size of that part the same for a coupe as well?

That happened to a buddy of mine when the Navy shipped his car from San Diego to Seattle. They put like 600 miles on the car and filled the back seat with beer bottles and fast food bags. When he tried to get compensation, the Navy pulled out a waiver they made him sign before shipping the car.

Don't know why the services do that kind of thing to their own members.

Also Does anybody know where I can get a rear deck for a 2+2, the part that the carpet sits on. If anyone can help please let me know thanks. Is the size of that part the same for a coupe as well?

What year 2+2 do you need? The 77 - 78 models had those space saver spare's.

280zone Yes I was in stockton then went to gremany and now am in florida been a busy three years. Sorry guys should have listed the year. I need a Late 77-78 the one with the space saver tire that is flat and comes with a can of air. Thanks for all your help, Jason

Jason,

I am the one that came out to buy your Hybrid after you had left. I must say that was one fun car that has me building yet another. I ended up trading your car for a car i thought was better but ended up needing more work. i have yet to get back to the track, but that day is getting closer.

Thanks for the fun car, and welcome back.

stealth z you are a good friend once again. I feel that I am taking all your spare parts from you. In case you don't rember you sent me a couple of connecting rods in germany. let me know how much you want for the whole kit and how much shipping will cost hopefully it will fit a 2+2. I still don't know if they are the same size for the coupe and the 2+2.

280zone I heard that you got rid of it. Did you ever get it to run right? When I owned it I went through 4 hei modules and 5 holley power valves and it still never ran right.

My first change was the carb and I did burn out one HEI module. But that didn't keep me from taking it to the track and stomping on vettes, camaros, 350Z's, G35's, pretty much anything stock was no contest. Oh yea, we usually ran with a passenger too.

Tha car was a blast and refueled my need for HP.